Just When You Think You've Seen It All in the I Know What I Got - 1960 Chev on Marketplace

I couldn't quite decide where to post this but it's too good/bad not to share - It's not quite cars for sale - not mine, I can't say that it's parts, maybe the ultimate low rider???  Anyways I just stumbled across this listing this morning.  If a picture is worth a thousand words....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/8476604505688439/

All this can be yours for a mere $3500 Canadian!

Product photo of 1960 Chevrolet Impala

But wait there's less!

Product photo of 1960 Chevrolet Impala

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

"1960 impala good for 4 door to convertible conversion. Will not separate selling as a whole. No tags"

Selling as a whole what?  It would be interesting to find out the circumstances as to how it ended up like this. 

• Like 3

This Impala has unseated a 1969 Camaro Pace Car as the most overpriced piece of crusher bait I've ever seen.

The Camaro (in similar condition) was for sale at a Charlotte AutoFair back in the 90s, priced at $2500. The only salvageable parts on it were the VIN and body data plates indicating Pace Car replica, which were what you were buying.

And damned if it didn't sell. So, somewhere in this world, there's yet another bogus high-dollar 69 Camaro running around, that didn't start life as what it's claimed to be.

Y'all ARE lining up to buy the Impala, right?😛

• Haha 4

Never deny the potential buyer the opportunity to make his purchase.

Those who throw out what they call trash usurp the buyer's right of that opportunity.

That philosophy has worked well for me. Even though I am the one who gets stuck with paying for coffee when I meet with certain friends.

• Like 4

As a Canadian, this looks like a typical Ontario used car that has been driven on salted roads every winter. Also the price is comparatively reasonable. If it had fenders, wheels, floor, engine etc you could tack on another zero to the price and it still would not be as high as some I have seen.

That “car” reminds me of a Kruse auction I attended in the mid 1980’s where the main tent had a pile of parts in similar condition. Apparently a rare sports car from the mid 1930’s. The owner turned down an offer of $60,000 US and as far as I knew toted it back home.  I thought at the time it was a $100 parts  car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocketraider said:

This Impala has unseated a 1969 Camaro Pace Car as the most overpriced piece of crusher bait I've ever seen.

The Camaro (in similar condition) was for sale at a Charlotte AutoFair back in the 90s, priced at $2500. The only salvageable parts on it were the VIN and body data plates indicating Pace Car replica, which were what you were buying.

And damned if it didn't sell. So, somewhere in this world, there's yet another bogus high-dollar 69 Camaro running around, that didn't start life as what it's claimed to be.

Y'all ARE lining up to buy the Impala, right?😛

How about this ocean bait, a 1964 Bonneville Wagon.

Art & Inspiration - 64 Bonneville wagon, rust in peace | The ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I used to attend the City of Richmond abandoned vehicle auctions around 1980. They dragged in a 1960 Impala convertible that had been stolen very early in its life and driven into the canal in Shockoe Bottom. I remember it sitting partially submerged as a child. That car brought a whole $10 in the auction, and I would say way more restorable than this one! At least all the parts were there....🤣

And the auction would give you paperwork to get a title too!

Edited by Frank DuVal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pfeil said:

How about this ocean bait, a 1964 Bonneville Wagon.

Art & Inspiration - 64 Bonneville wagon, rust in peace | The ...

😳

Pfeil, that one just might outrank both the Impala and the Camaro. Looks like you get barnacles, coral and sponges to boot!

Billy, Impala side trim was stainless steel so not surprising it held up fairly well. The aluminum used on the lower series cars wouldn't have.

Hmm. 1980. Wasn't that about time Shockoe Bottom was being reclaimed by the hipster gentry? Can't have a finny old derelict car detracting from the view, can we?

19 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

That one is a tail dragger.

One might say it flew like a jet at one time. 😁Now may just as well nick name it Jenny. 😬 

• Haha 1