Looking for someone to rebuild electric motors.

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Conversion van with driver's side power seat. The motors are not available through Dodge & I can't find any NOS from a third party. Are there any shops left that could maybe rebuild mine?

What's wrong with it. Brushes stuck? Worn out? Internal wire broken? Dirty gummy commutator? Just gummy and stuck? Unless it's actually toasted (unlikely) they usually can be brought back to life. I've repaired any number of various 12 volt car motors. It's definitely not brain surgery...............Bob

• Like 1

Another idea on window motors, I think it was Speedway that sells window motors that will work, but they will tell you they won't, because the wire harness is different. That was the only difference.

I put four (there are rights and lefts) in my 65 300 a few years ago.

I found this info on the C body only site.

I will try and find the link.

Sent my seat motors out  They can't be rebuilt they have perment magnets  in them .  there out of 2001 Dodge pickup .

7 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

What's wrong with it. Brushes stuck? Worn out? Internal wire broken? Dirty gummy commutator? Just gummy and stuck? Unless it's actually toasted (unlikely) they usually can be brought back to life. I've repaired any number of various 12 volt car motors. It's definitely not brain surgery...............Bob

You want to try some Dodge Van seat motors?

8 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Sure. Send one along......bob

Buying the van/closing the deal this Wednesday. Then having it shipped. When I get it, I’ll message you.

Thanks.

On 5/5/2024 at 4:42 AM, Snarfy said:

Buying the van/closing the deal this Wednesday. Then having it shipped. When I get it, I’ll message you.

Thanks.

On 5/4/2024 at 8:04 PM, Bhigdog said:

Sure. Send one along......bob

Went and looked at the van. Supposedly 21,000 actual miles. Looked like it was rode hard & put away wet. For $17,000 it should have been mint, with all the little crap fixed or replaced. Didn't buy it. thanks for the advice and offers to help.