For Sale: 1961 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop - Project - $8,000 - Kansas City, MO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1961 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop - Project - $8,000 - Kansas City, MO

1961 Mercury Monterey for sale by owner - Kansas City, MO - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Drive it home! New 390 with automatic transmission. New carb, starter, generator, battery, brakes, shocks, exhaust, tires to interior and more! Bought it as unfinished project. Spent all winter getting it to a turnkey driver. All trim in trunk except the spears for the rear quarters. No rust. Clean MO title in hand. I have way too many cars. Asking $8000 but cash talks. odometer: 85000
Copy and paste in your email: 62d408b30be83ac896d8965ec90110ea@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1961 Mercury Monterey 2dr Hardtop - Project.

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO aa.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO a.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO b.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO c.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO d.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO e.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO f.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO g.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO h.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO i.jpg

'61 Mercury Monterey KCMO j.jpg

I like it, especially that grille. Enough in common with its Ford brethren that parts shouldn't be an issue, and enough Mercury distinctiveness that you won't see another at a show or cruise night.

Now imagine Ford had combined the Canadian Meteor's high-styled rear end with the American Mercury's grille.

unnamed.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

So I guess my 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 2dr hardtop that's for sale is just a common old car.

Yes, unfortunately, like most of the common old cars we feature here. Best part is they are something reasonable that folks of modest means can acquire and enjoy.  Use as a vehicle, no pun intended, to make memories with family and make friends across the old car enthusiast community. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 10:42 PM, Laughing Coyote said:

So I guess my 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 2dr hardtop that's for sale is just a common old car.

I don't know about that, Martin. I believe that this car is the only other 2 dr ht on the AACA forum I've seen that's been for sale. I've seen a couple on eBay over the years, as well, but that's about it. And yours is definitely the only one I've seen being restored to such a high level.

Are you getting many promising inquiries about your beautiful Meteor?