23-35 v 22-35

Howdy all,

I have a 23-35 that I need some mechanical parts for, clutch, and parking brake. The parking brake assemblies were removed prior to my ownership and are MIA. I have the possibility of buying a derelict 22-35. Anyone know what the possibility of interchangeability of these parts between the two years?

Thanks in advance.

I will probably be a frequent flyer on here, I also have a '31 8-57, and a '29 29-26S. All need work

Lou>

• Like 2

A quick look at the Buick Master Parts list 1916-1932 suggests that 1922 & 1923 4 cyl models have a lot of interchangeable parts for rear brakes.  Some parts changed for 1924. I highly recommend that you order a copy, available a Amazon and other online sources. It will pay for itself in saving you from buying something that will not fit.  

I have a 4 cyl rear axle with brake parts and will have to figure out what year it is tomorrow. 

Kevin 

1916-1932 Master parts book.jpg

4 cyl brakes.jpg

Edited by Oregon Desert model 45
edit (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Lou,   The multi disc clutch components (friction discs and metal plates) interchange to the very early cars and thru 1925.  The Larger 6 cylinder cars had an extra set of friction and metal plate to handle the incresed torque.  Hugh   

CLUTCHREBUILDING.jpg.ff449a99cea5354660fca07304352faa.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 9:02 PM, Lou McCarrell said:

and a '29 29-26S. All need work

Lou:

Send me an email (Bill@29buick.ca) and I’ll send you a Welcome Package for the 1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Club. 

Bill McLaughlin 

Editor & Publisher 

1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Newsletter