Wiegand family hit again

I am putting this on here to let my dad's friends know what has happened to him.  I think everybody already knows about the horrible loss of my mother late last year.  On Feb. 10 he was taking Muggins his scotty outside to do her business.  They went through the kitchen and mud room out onto the patio.  Her leash accidently slipped out of his hand on the storm door handle.  They got out onto the patio and he crouched down a bit to get the leash unwrapped from his pants leg and she gave a jerk on her end of the leash and knocked him off balance.  He fell and broke his left hip.  12 days in the hospital and he is at home recovering.  The doctor told us that he will make a 100 percent recovery but that it will take a few weeks to get there.  If there was ever a classic example of a freak accident this would be at the top of the list.  i am putting a picture of me and mom on here so that a face can be put with a name

Mary Elizabeth Kathleen Wiegand Strong

P7041704.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Mary Elizabeth, thank you very much for letting us know.  Your dad Terry is very highly regarded here and all of his many friends are so sorry to hear this news and wish him the very best for a speedy and full recovery.

Mary Elizabeth, 

Please give Terry all my best for a fast & full recovery.  I have made several phone calls with no success.  

• I got the phone numbers corrected and spoke with Terry this morning 3/14/2024. 
  • He is on track with his recovery and doing well.  
Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

Mary Elizabeth - Thank you for posting this.  My condolences to you on the loss of your Mom last year.  

Terry - Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.  May you be up on your feet soon and enjoying your old cars this spring.  I appreciate all the advice and help you have given me over the last couple years.  Pete  

• Like 1

Thank you Mary Elizabeth for telling us know about Terry's mishap. I know he will be reading this so I want him to know that he is going to be okay and will be back to normal in due time.  I can say all this because two years ago I had the same thing happen to me.  I was knocked over by a piece of farm machinery that I was moving and broke my right hip and like Terry was in hospital for 10 days.  Lots a physio afterwards and since then I have officially renamed the term "the golden years" to the "titanium years".    Leon

• Like 1

Mary Elizabeth, thank you for sharing this news. My condolences for the loss of your mother and praying for a speedy and complete recovery for your dad.

Thank you, Mary Elizabeth - for posting this. 

My wife Dale and I fondly recall finally meeting your parents when we attended and Judged an AACA Meet at Canyon, Texas, several years ago.

Terry, we send our wish for a full and speedy recovery, and offer our thanks for the skill of your doctors.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am on here to give an update about my recovery.  A huge Thank You to Mary for letting everyone know what happened.  Recovery is progressing very well and I am told that I am about 2 - 3 weeks ahead of what is considered 'normal' at this time.  I have graduated from a walker to walking with a cane.  I will be seeing the surgeon on the 29th and I have been told that after the x-rays are taken that I will be cut loose and will be cleared to drive again.  I miss Miss Muggins a bunch - this house is really lonesome without her.  She is staying with Mary's family until I can take care of her safely.  Will keep everyone posted.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I promise that this will be the last time that I will get on here and talk about non-Buick stuff.  My little girl, Miss Muggins, came back home to be with me this afternoon.  Mary and James stepped in and took her home with them while I was in the hospital and could not hardly get around here in the house by myself after coming home.  We are really happy to be back with each other and she had to re-establish that this was home.  I do not ever want to go through something like this again - EVER!

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

• Like 12