Jump to content

1962 Chevrolet Corvette, not mine.


Recommended Posts

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/787309942826827?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A3283cc5a-e9a7-40cd-84ff-1be56cd2b573   Product photo of 1962 Chevrolet Corvette

Seller's Description

1962 Chevrolet Corvette Numbers Matching Convertible with only 88k miles on it. 1 of 1532 built with 250 HP and a powerglide transmission. Looks amazing and runs great.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmmm, something doesn’t seem right here.  
 

I don’t claim to be the corvette guru on here but I’ve had (have) a few and follow them, and a numbers matching 62 with presentable paint, bright work and interior would start out at close to double this.....

 

Be diligent if you engage on this......

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No the days aren't over.  Pretty sure it's a scam.  Looks at the Caddy he is selling and the background.  Sure doesn't look like Montana.  I casually look at and keep tabs on vettes.  40 usually buys you a rough possibly driveable C1.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This seller has a few cars for sale, another Vette parked in the same place.

The Caddy looks like it is in the south.

And a couple of Mustangs, 

I agree, Fishy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

Sure doesn't look like Montana. 

 

Contrary to some peoples belief, parts of Montana have "progressed" into the 21st century.

Strip malls, subdivisions, pollution, congestion, homelessness, inflation, EV's - just like where you are living. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

100% scam.

 

Automatics are very popular as the demographic of the Car Collector ages.

 

Personally, the idea of a Corvette or jaguar with an automatic transmission is sacrilege to me.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

 

Contrary to some peoples belief, parts of Montana have "progressed" into the 21st century.

Strip malls, subdivisions, pollution, congestion, homelessness, inflation, EV's - just like where you are living. 

The Bonya tree behind the caddy with the Spanish moss I don't think is quite invasive enough to make it to Montana but I could be wrong.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

100% scam.

 

Automatics are very popular as the demographic of the Car Collector ages.

 

Personally, the idea of a Corvette or jaguar with an automatic transmission is sacrilege to me.

On one hand, I get it. On the other hand, I know I could never own a manual C1 or C2. My knee is flush to the dash, raising it would have it slam right into the steering wheel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

The Bonya tree behind the caddy with the Spanish moss I don't think is quite invasive enough to make it to Montana but I could be wrong.

Internet search shows two towns in Spain named Montana, and two in Costa Rica. Corvettes might go for less in Costa Rica?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...