1948 Cadillac 61 Sedanette - $32, 000. (Groton CT)

https://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/d/groton-1948-cadillac/7721574403.html

-1948 Cadillac Model 61 Club Coupe.
-64k miles.
-Nicely aged Kingswood Gray exterior paint still shines up great.
-Chrome presents very good.
-Nice original gray and tan broadcloth interior.
-V8 Flathead smooth and quiet.
-Four speed Hydramatic transmission.
-Recent new battery

Get in and cruise.

Owned for decades by a well known antique Cadillac collector.

Antique Cadillac enthusiasts know what this car is.

Offered at $32,000.

email - 0561ce3ee20432d0b7f427cbb452655d@sale.craigslist.org

1948 Cadillac 1

00v0v_2y5afNdl1GO_0gw0co_600x450.jpg

00f0f_aPsuhGWFnHR_09G07K_600x450.jpg00N0N_8qyhlBJuF61_09G07K_600x450.jpg

• Like 6

1948 and 1949 were the only years that the Series 61 and 62 Cadillacs used the same body. 1948 had the very unusual and one year only "pod" type instrument panel. This is a very cool car. I like it a lot.

• Like 1

I do like the car.  The craigslist ad is still active.  I don't think the seller will get much over 27 grand.  Especially when you can get a Buick Sedanet Roadmaster in the high teens. I didn't want to believe sedanets were going for sub $20,000 prices nowadays; now I do!

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The series 61 does not have the front fender chrome gravel guard. 62 series had a front chrome gravel guard and stainless trim on rocker panel, the 61 does not. The front gravel guard on this car doesn't look like the correct for 62 ? I suspect it was added to this car to hide a common rust spot where the splash panel behind the tire collects mud. 

Also the upholstery is partly redone and not correct. It should be either all gray or all tan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, deac said:

I do like the car.  The craigslist ad is still active.  I don't think the seller will get much over 27 grand.  Especially when you can get a Buick Sedanet Roadmaster in the high teens. I didn't want to believe sedanets were going for sub $20,000 prices nowadays; now I do!

Are you referring to the '49 Roadmaster sedanets which would be the adequate car to compare the 48/49 Cadillac fastbacks with, right? I haven't seen any of these available for some time and not in the 'high teens'. If you know where I can find one, please let me know!!! I w a n t one! 😊

• 2 months later...

Still Available, Price Reduced to $29,995: 5-2-2024.

1948 Cadillac 61 for sale by owner - Groton, MA - craigslist

1948 Cadillac Series 61 Club Coupe, 
Seller's Description:

Beautiful example and rare opportunity priced right at $29995, very little wiggle room at that price so no low ballers.
Email your phone number to set up a time to view this beautiful example of a well-preserved antique Cadillac.
Copy and paste in your email: bbc3f719e5633642a5b77bc82e5a6ffa@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 8:11 PM, Hans1965 said:

Are you referring to the '49 Roadmaster sedanets which would be the adequate car to compare the 48/49 Cadillac fastbacks with, right? I haven't seen any of these available for some time and not in the 'high teens'. If you know where I can find one, please let me know!!! I w a n t one! 😊

Buick Roadmaster in the high teens ? Easily said but none for sale in that price range thay doesn't need a ton of work .

• Like 1