For Sale: 1965 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - Project - $6,000 - Carmel, IN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 3-18-2024.

For Sale: 1965 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - Project - $6,000 - Carmel, IN - This posting has been deleted by its author. 3-18-2024.

1965 Lincoln Continental for sale by owner - Carmel, IN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Up for sale is a beautiful car that needs the right home. I do not have a title but will provide a bill of sale. If you're still interested, keep reading.

I don't have a garage to work in and the city didn't appreciate my project, so my loss is your gain. I'll start off with the good. Chrome pinstripes, suicide doors, slab sides. Original 430 V8. 4-barrel carburetor. I got it started and it idled smoothly in August 2022, here is a link to a video.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/buum4efvn75cb8t4j0mfg/IMG_1344.mov?rlkey=psoj6c54twxb57kz0xt3ho84e&dl=0

It hasn't been started much since then, but I siphoned out the old gas and put fresh gas and stabil in it. 99% of the hard to find, expensive details are intact. All the chrome is here and in pretty good shape. I do have the hubcaps, just never put them on.
New upper and lower ball joints, as well as the inner tie rod and tie rod end on the passenger side. I have the ball joints, tie rod and end for the other side as well, I just didn't get that far. I'll include other new suspension parts. I have new rotors, wheel bearings, and front wheel studs, only one side installed again. New parts included (not installed) - new calipers, new master cylinder, new braided stainless soft brake lines for the front caliper connections, new wheel cylinders, new rear wheel studs, 10 new lug nuts, new brake pads, new brake shoes, some drum hardware, and new trunk weather stripping. The dash is in good shape, no cracks. One scratched spot. I have the glove box and rearview mirror. Headlights, taillights, and most dash lights still work. New lower radiator hose. Battery replaced August 2022. Interior door panels are good, just need to be cleaned. All glass except the windshield is intact. Windshield is cracked but does not leak.

And now for the bad. Again, it does not have a title, I was beginning the process to obtain one when the city said the car's got to go because it's not in a garage. The brakes do not currently function, the car will have to be towed. I was beginning to overhaul the system. The car has held up well all things considered. The factory rustproofing performed admirably. The unibody frame is in good shape. The worst of the rust is the front floor pans. I tried to give a good idea of the rust in pictures. The weather stripping is dry and cracking. The front passenger side door doesn't want to stay latched anymore, that's a pretty new issue. The rain and mice (I bought it from a farmhouse) wrecked the seats and carpet. The headliner has a few mouse holes. The trunk weather stripping area is rusted and needs work. Rust bubbling on the bottoms of the door panels (see pictures). The trunk gets wet from the hole in the top corner, but not as bad as you would expect. Windows do not roll down currently. The car was originally green but was later painted black. Car cover included.

Overall, it was almost a survivor. It's a worthy project, and I will include several hundred dollars' worth of parts and a wiring diagram. Please don't call, I might be at work and can't answer. I prefer text. Please text me anytime day or night, I'll respond as soon as I can. I work evenings, so I could show the car in the morning or when I'm off work Mondays and Tuesdays.
$6,000 or best offer. First come first serve. Towing is the buyer's responsibility. Cash only. Thank you.
More pictures -
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/zzreat019q3xabru0gqib/h?rlkey=k60u3a9fdt2a2jqy47tul0pih&dl=0

Copy and paste in your email: a6bebcef27d53924aeed08241b1a04bc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - Project.

'65 Lincoln Continental IN a.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN b.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN c.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN d.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN e.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN f.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN g.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN h.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN i.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN j.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN k.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN l.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN m.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN n.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN o.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN p.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN q.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN r.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN s.jpg

'65 Lincoln Continental IN t.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 3-18-2024. (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1965 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan - Project - $6,000 - Carmel, IN - Not Mine - This posting has been deleted by its author. 3-18-2024.