For Sale: 1951 Ford Deluxe Six 2dr Sedan - $9,500 - Myrtle Beach, SC - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 Ford Deluxe Six 2dr Sedan - $9,500 - Myrtle Beach, SC

1952 Ford deluxe shoebox for sale by owner - Myrtle Beach, SC - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1952 Ford deluxe shoebox, 53K original miles. Flathead 6, 3 on tree. Manual transmission. All original minus repaint. Car was painted in the 80's. old lacquer paint shines well. But show its age. Interior is near perfect. Motor is near perfect. Have OG wheels, Have og fender skirts. Car is lowered. Still will need alignment. I will try get alignment soon. Starts flawless every time. $9500 cash. SC title in my name. Socas Aste, Myrtle Beach SC
Copy and paste in your email: 3edf57041eaa377d94feaa579c285ba1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Ford Deluxe Six 2dr Sedan.

'51 Ford SC a.jpg

'51 Ford SC b.jpg

'51 Ford SC c.jpg

'51 Ford SC d.jpg

'51 Ford SC e.jpg

'51 Ford SC f.jpg

'51 Ford SC g.jpg

'51 Ford SC h.jpg

'51 Ford SC i.jpg

'51 Ford SC j.jpg

'51 Ford SC k.jpg

• Like 2

Base 2-door sedan for '51. Sounds like an honest seller's description. Most of the chrome appears to be in pretty good condition considering Korean War shortages and 70 years of age. I would take my "detecto-magnet" along when I check out this car. Seen too many rusty shoeboxes filled with Bondo. Check out floors and frame. too.

Probably worth close to the asking price if it's solid, and you don't mind the six.

Never heard the term "OG". ...OEM maybe?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reynard said:

Actually it refers to “original gangster”.

As in: The crips gang was started in the early 50s and Juan (who is now 80 years old) was an OG.  

In slang it is a synonym for; old, original or the way it was back then.  

6 hours ago, Reynard said:

Base 2-door sedan for '51. Sounds like an honest seller's description. Most of the chrome appears to be in pretty good condition considering Korean War shortages and 70 years of age. I would take my "detecto-magnet" along when I check out this car. Seen too many rusty shoeboxes filled with Bondo. Check out floors and frame. too.

Probably worth close to the asking price if it's solid, and you don't mind the six.

Where did these 49-51's typically rust? I may be looking for/at a '49 coupe. Also, we hear a lot about flatheads and I think there's a certain cool factor about them, but what about this Ford 6? Are they good engines? Reliable? Easy to get parts?

I don’t know much about the flathead I-6, but 1951 was the last year for it in Ford cars. In 1952 Ford introduced the overhead valve  “Mileage Maker” I-6. The end was near for the flathead 8 because the performance of the I-6 was very competitive with it, to say the least. 

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 1