For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible, Twin-H, manual shift w/OD - $40,000 - Pinellas Park, FL - Not Mine

For Sale: 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible, Twin-H, manual shift w/OD - $40,000 - Pinellas Park, FL

1954 Hudson Hornet for sale by owner - Pinellas Park, FL - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Stick and overdrive. In good condition with recently rebuilt Hornet engine.
Copy and paste in your email: 5ff98024ddfe33cf9d1ea5ac1d6d0b45@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1954 Hudson Hornet convertible.

'54 Hudson Hornet conv FL a.jpg

'54 Hudson Hornet conv FL b.jpg

'54 Hudson Hornet conv FL c.jpg

I saw this one, but, it is a suspicious listing...   ...so, buyer beware...     a lot more pictures of this car and a much more detailed description appear at the following link:

https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/368560/1954-hudson-hornet-2dr-convertible-for-sale

The owner (on the Hudson forum) gives a phone number in the comment section that says "For a running, walk around video please text me at (727) 637-2783."

I'd say scam for sure if the price were cheaper - but, the listing on the other site lists a similar price - so, I suppose it could be legit - just be careful, and make sure you get in contact with the "real" owner.

• Thanks 1

When the price seems plausible, but the seller has posted scant information and photos, it's difficult to judge whether it's a scam or not.  

If the price is unrealistically low, the description is everything visible in the photos and only an email contact is available, it's a scam.

• Like 1

Regardless of the "scam or not" discussion, the heavy brow above the windshields of these Hudsons has always bothered me. It just intensifies the notion that convertibles were hacked up sedans or hardtops. You'd think the designers/engineers could have come up with a more attractive solution.

Maybe hiding it with a visor helps.

Driving miss Ruby: Woman restored father's '53 Hornet convertible for  Cruise Nite

9 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I hope it is a scam.  Trying to sell a car legit with those low res pictures should be the crime.

A.J.:

Here is the original photo 536 X 640 posted by the seller before I cropped and enlarge it to 800 X 405, but it was fuzzy to begin with.  Apparently, it's too much of a conceptual leap for 'smart' phone users to turn their phone horizontally, specify a landscape format, compose the image to include the complete car, then push the button.  I bypass any number of CL advertisements with photo too small and poorly focused to crop and enlarge to present a reasonable listing on this forum.  I'm sure the seller posting those lousy advertisements wonders why no one responds.

Steve

'54 Hudson Hornet conv FL aa.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A.J.:

Here is the original photo 536 X 640 posted by the seller before I cropped and enlarge it to 800 X 405, but it was fuzzy to begin with.  Apparently, it's too much of a conceptual leap for 'smart' phone users to turn their phone horizontally, specify a landscape format, compose the image to include the complete car, then push the button.  I bypass any number of CL advertisements with photo too small and poorly focused to crop and enlarge to present a reasonable listing on this forum.  I'm sure the seller posting those lousy advertisements wonders why no one responds.

Steve

'54 Hudson Hornet conv FL aa.jpg

Always shocked at the number of people that don't know to rotate their phone.   But lots of problems with those photos.

• Haha 1

FYI iPhones are right handed. 

when you turn the phone sideways (landscape) and use your left thumb to push the button and then upload the photo to a site, it will typically be posted upside down.  

I am left handed and have to remember to spin the phone so that I can push the button with my right thumb. 
What a stupid design 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1