For Sale: 1952 Packard Patrician Factory Show Car, 25K miles - Castleton-on-Hudson, NY - $50,000 - Not Mine

For Sale: 1952 Packard Patrician factory show car, 25K miles - Castleton-on-Hudson, NY - $50,000

1952 Packard patrician - Toy Vehicles - Schodack Landing, New York | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook
Seller's Description:

1952 Packard Patrician factory show car.  This "one-off' car bearing a special paint scheme and equipped with a unique orange and grey faux fur custom interior by well-known fashion designer Dorothy Draper was displayed at the 1952 Auto Show by the Packard.  It was built by Creative Industries; this same company that built the Packard Caribbean, Panther as well as other unique cars. This is very unusual.  It was purchased from a former Packard Employee. Mileage is 25,000. For Sale $50,000

Please message me with telephone number for inquiries. Thank you.
Contact: Log-in to Facebook Marketplace to get contact information if interested.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Packard Patrician factory show car.

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY i.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY a.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY b.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY c.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY d.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY e.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY f.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY g.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY h.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY j.jpg

• Like 4

Gray faux fur? What were they thinking?

In 1950, Cadillac did a convertible show car called the Debutante. It had Pearlized white paint, gold plated trim, and genuine leopard skin upholstery. I guess things were getting tough at Packard by 1952 and they couldn't afford real fur.

12 hours ago, 5219 said:

Gray faux fur? What were they thinking?

In 1950, Cadillac did a convertible show car called the Debutante. It had Pearlized white paint, gold plated trim, and genuine leopard skin upholstery. I guess things were getting tough at Packard by 1952 and they couldn't afford real fur.

Those outlandish 'paint and trim' show cars were a phenomenon that developed spurred on by GM's 1950 Mid-Century Motorama where the Debutante was a major attraction.  Kaiser joined in for 1951 with four specially trimmed Deluxe sedans with evocative exotic locale themes.   The most outlandish was the black Kaiser Explorer with white polar bear fur interior and exterior sills in white polar bear leather.  The white vinyl top and ribbed C-pillar trim completed the package.

1951 Kaiser Explorer Show Car a.png

1951 Kaiser Explorer Show Car b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale: 1952 Packard Patrician factory show car, 25K miles - Castleton-on-Hudson, NY - $50,000

1952 Packard patrician - Toy Vehicles - Schodack Landing, New York | Facebook Marketplace | Facebook
Seller's Description:

1952 Packard Patrician factory show car.  This "one-off' car bearing a special paint scheme and equipped with a unique orange and grey faux fur custom interior by well-known fashion designer Dorothy Draper was displayed at the 1952 Auto Show by the Packard.  It was built by Creative Industries; this same company that built the Packard Caribbean, Panther as well as other unique cars. This is very unusual.  It was purchased from a former Packard Employee. Mileage is 25,000. For Sale $50,000

Please message me with telephone number for inquiries. Thank you.
Contact: Log-in to Facebook Marketplace to get contact information if interested.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Packard Patrician factory show car.

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY i.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY a.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY b.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY c.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY d.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY e.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY f.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY g.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY h.jpg

'52 Packard Patrician factory show car NY j.jpg

Don't let your kids go for ice cream in this one! I'd like it better if there was a matching tea cozy to go over the air cleaner. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I don't care for the fuzzy interior either, 

but the copper and gray paint scheme

looks great!  It would really stand out at

one of today's shows.

So would a purple Duesenberg...

image.jpeg.986dc1a0f2fb8329f27f6d804352da29.jpeg