Director at the Convention...

It's all I can do to not tell him the directors' and board members' contact info is in Antique Automobile every month, and if he's not happy with what those folks are doing to run for the positions himself.

But, as I wasn't there and didn't hear it, I'm staying quiet.

Doubtful rustlover will let this die.

Maybe he's done, now. I posted a statement that President Harris, Steve Rossi, and I put together last night. I think what really urked Rustlover was when Matt Hinson pretty much dismissed him, stating that she misspoke. It's interesting that Rustlover would believe that on a board of 21 members, everyone is "lockstep" with each other. The question now is do we lock the thread, or hope that people realize there's no their there?

It's unrealistic to expect any group of that size to be in lockstep. It's also unhealthy for the group and the organization they're guiding. I've been there. I was often the lone holdout on that OCA board but I made sure that OCA president knew I wasn't going to enable his delusions of kingship. Let's just say that as a Delta Airlines captain he wasn't used to hearing things I had no problem saying to him. Course he still managed to nearly destroy the Oldsmobile Club of America during his term of office. That's what a board in lockstep can unwittingly do.

Not sure locking it was our best course of action. If any of you are familiar with fice dogs, you know they don't like to let go of whatever they're hounding. I see rustlover as a fice dog, and by locking the topic he'll undoubtedly see that as trying to silence him.