1948 Chevrolet Woodie

I saw a person asking questions regarding the history of a 1948 Chevy Woodie.  I consigned one to George Coleman owner of Green Valentine Car Company in Memphis, TN back in 1997.  I am thinking the vehicle in question might have been the one my late husband had restored.

If it is, I have plenty of  information on its restoration history.

• Like 1

He was asking in the "Other Vehicle Categories" on this site, under the National Woodie Club section. I believe he did mention George Coleman and Green Valentine. 

Bobbe,

My name is Anthony Vasile. I would like to figure out if my car is the one your husband restored. What is the most convenient way for you to further discuss this? My car is maroon. Are you be any chance located in California? 

I reside in Ohio and have all my life.  I was interested in your post and did not know exactly how to reach out to you so I joined in your automotive group.  
 Getting in touch with me via email is the best way.

So any questions you have I will be glad to respond with comments and pictures.  I also have documents that I kept when I consigned the vehicle to George Coleman aka Green Valentine Car Company.  I have pictures that I will need to dig through to find the restoration.  My husband spent 7 years restoring this car.  He also won many awards and had the privilege of driving members of The Beach Boys into what was known as Riverfront Stadium back in the day when they did a concert in Cincinnati.  He even built a surfboard for that event.

I need to dig out the documents I kept and get back with you to make certain 

about the car.

Regards,

Bobbe Kugele

• Like 3

I saw one of those still in use in the Island of Trinidad which is 6 miles off the Venezuelan coast at the mouth of the Orinoco River It was used as an ambulance in earlier days by a British  oil company (now closed) called Apex Trinidad Oil Co. My dad worked for them. The color was Maroon.