Captcha tests to get to the forum?

I leave a window open on my phone all the time with the forum pulled up. 

Today when I went to go on the forum I had to perform a captcha test. First two were "place a dot at the end of the car's path" which I apparently didn't understand and failed, third was click all images showing a bucket. That one it took. 

I've never seen that happen before on this website. Is it a new thing that's going to be a problem every day, a temporary thing to stop a spam attack or something else entirely? It has not happened again in this session. 

I didn't think to screencap it. 

On 2/7/2024 at 12:27 AM, Billy Kingsley said:

I leave a window open on my phone all the time with the forum pulled up. 

Today when I went to go on the forum I had to perform a captcha test. First two were "place a dot at the end of the car's path" which I apparently didn't understand and failed, third was click all images showing a bucket. That one it took. 

I've never seen that happen before on this website. Is it a new thing that's going to be a problem every day, a temporary thing to stop a spam attack or something else entirely? It has not happened again in this session. 

I didn't think to screencap it. 

For whatever reason your browser cookies were lost, requiring you to login again.  

Captcha is required to register. But not login.  So I'm clueless what you saw.  Let me know if it happens again.  Document it if you can.