For Sale: 1954 Lincoln Capri - Two-tone 4dr Sedan - "Belonged to my deceased Father-in-Law" - Motivated Seller will pay for half of shipping" - Sterling, AK - Not Mine - 2/17 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1954 Lincoln Capri 4-door Sedan in Sterling, AK  -  $18,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1033428444433133/-1954-Lincoln-Capri-Sedan

Seller's Description:

1954 Lincoln Capri 4-door Sedan

• Condition: Used - Good

1954 Lincoln, 4 Door, Yellow. This vehicle belonged to my deceased father-in-law. It is physically in Sterling, Alaska and I will pay for half of the shipping of the vehicle to you. This is not a scam. I am a motivated seller looking for a motivated buyer Please make a reasonable offer.

image.png.8d36fbd48f8ac231065c594e62c28d5e.png

image.png.41f9fd2f247a3fa159cb5b1b7b17d15f.png

image.png.a47733f1083f62ce1afff1225d7b9340.png

image.png.a29dbe1372d7eb3bb9e68799908f867e.png

image.png.8222cfdc6cd39696bc2bac6aaf072fa4.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

Maybe it's just me but these don't seem to attract a lot of attention.

No it’s lots of people who feel that way.  

Not well known or understood is that from 52-55 Lincoln had abandoned the luxury segment to Cadillac.  (Realistically how could you compete with that juggernaut?). 

Lincolns target class at this time was Buick and Oldsmobile.  (This is well discussed in the Special Interest Autos article). So today they just aren’t that special.  

Years ago a friend summed up the 52-55 Lincoln’s as nothing but “heavy duty Fords”.  I think he was right. 

Now for 1956 Lincoln finally stepped up to take a swing at Cadillac.  By 1958 they were directly competing excess to excess.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

'52-4 always had a "frightened" countenance to me. They always looked like the headlight bezels were missing. The '55 facelift was much better- but it lacked the de rigueur wrap around windshield. The only claim to fame with these were the Panamericana road races

• Like 2

He's not too motivated with a price like that.  Instead of paying half the shipping, he should just charge a fair price for the car.  One of the least "Lincolnesque" Lincolns.  Basically a dressed up Mercury.  But still a nice and fine car to own.  For the right price...

• Like 4

I have always liked these early '50s Lincolns too, but not in Alaska. You might as well import a car from Russia. It wouldn't be so bad if you lived in British Columbia. 

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1954 Lincoln Capri - Two-tone 4dr Sedan - "Belonged to my deceased Father-in-Law" - Motivated Seller will pay for half of shipping" - Sterling, AK - Not Mine - 2/17 Deleted