1953 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery - $8,000 (Azusa CA) NOT MINE

Sedan Deliveries typically come in only two conditions - Modified & custom or too beat up to want to bother with.  This one doesn't look too bad.  Comes with good/better engine and new wiring.  This might be a good project for someone. 

NOT MINE I have no interest in the sale of this 1953 Courier. 

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/azusa-1953-ford-courier-sedan-delivery/7712235619.html

1953 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery. Good body, just a little rust in lower front fender. Car has been rewired with original style loom, new chrome, brakes, clutch. Original flathead V8 motor is there, but smokes. I have another flathead on an engine stand that should be runner that is included. (new oil pump and comes with a new gasket set) Original Ford bucket seats with forward tilt passenger seat, a sedan-delivery-only option. It is a good project car, perfect for a business. Selling because I lost my shop space.
$8000 OBO.

00P0P_2lA1XoIRzl5_09K07i_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_giAeKOliOD6_0fu0bF_1200x900.jpg

00E0E_h9zWPZe7sjF_0fu0bF_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_giWHEa0mUaW_0fu0bF_1200x900.jpg

00t0t_2H26iqFiW7V_0fu0bF_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_jQxvOCdr7nj_0fu0bF_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

It would be a worthy project for someone who is so inclined, given that it comes with an extra (allegedly good) engine. My preference would've been a sedan delivery, but I ended up with a wagon.

Question: I looked at the interior and thought that it was too bad that someone changed out the seats, but then I seemed to remember hearing that the Couriers came with bucket seats (though they probably weren't called "bucket" seats.) Am I remembering that correctly? The styling and condition of the seats would suggest that they might be original.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

The styling and condition of the seats would suggest that they might be original.

They are.  The term used at the time was “single seat”.  

All cars and pickups had bench seats. Only heavy duty OTR type trucks would have a single type drivers seat.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Question: I looked at the interior and thought that it was too bad that someone changed out the seats, but then I seemed to remember hearing that the Couriers came with bucket seats (though they probably weren't called "bucket" seats.) Am I remembering that correctly? The styling and condition of the seats would suggest that they might be original.

"Non-sag driver's seat with thick foam rubber pad on cushion." was standard equipment.

"Seat cushion and seat back are covered with brown wolf grain vinyl."

An optional passenger's seat is not listed, but I'd think it could have been ordered, dealer installed or owner installed later on.

1.jpg

1953_Ford_Courier-06

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the education, guys.

Wow, so the standard seating on a Courier in '53 was just a driver side seat?  I didn't know that, though it makes sense in order to access the rear cargo area from the front of the interior. It also makes sense to offer a passenger seat option in case you're delivering merchandise that requires the strength or care of two deliverymen.