1950 Nash Ambassador - $3,500 (Adelanto Ca) Less than $10,000 - NOT MINE

Well below $10k so of course it does not run and has been parked.  Includes title.

Lots of pictures not taken inside some dark barn.  Best offer, probably willing to negotiate to end storage bill. 

NOT MINE. I have no interest in the sale of the 1950 Nash Ambassador. 

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/adelanto-1950-nash-ambassador/7713796790.html

Selling my very rare 1950 Nash Ambassador. The car is fully complete and all original. I have extra parts for it in the trunk and all of the original hub caps. Car is pretty solid with no signs of major rust. Car has been sitting for over 10 years Does Not Run, Must Be Towed . Car is out of the DMV system so there are no back fees. Pink In Hand, Clean Title !! $3500 OBO, No Trades, No Trades, No Trades.

00l0l_efxkXQ28St_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00K0K_75gSTPIPh5E_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_8vBSd7GSKr4_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00F0F_hgafDyE3pdU_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_fPSiokrgBcD_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00606_jm2065kxP2T_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01717_aoGXllZN4yu_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00P0P_8mdLxI35G38_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the seat covers and the general original condition, I’m thinking that it was a long parked garage car probably in nice condition that just needed a good wake up. Maybe an estate sale 20+ years ago purchased by someone who was going fix it up and started by dismantling the underhood.  

Inexperienced, no tools or space, they eventually lost their parking space and moved it into outdoor storage “for just a couple of months” that turned into 20 years.   
Likely they had visions of making money or driving an interesting car. Now they have nothing.   

Very hard to do, but they should have rehomed it when they lost their indoor storage but that would have necessitated selling it for less than they thought that it was worth.  Instead they have paid 20 years of storage trying to hold onto a dream.

”If I can’t get what I know it’s worth, dammit I’ll just keep it!”

Guess we have all been there in one form or another. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Did it? I've been through the ad twice and cannot find that.

no radiator, water pump, spark plugs, cap, wires, maybe the exhaust manifold as I see one of the brackets hanging there.

• Like 1

Oh I see what you mean now. I saw all the distributor/wires stuff missing. Somehow I saw the missing radiator hose but missed the radiator. The water pump is still on it behind the generator, that's just a fan bearing in front. I think you are right about the missing exhaust. I missed that too. It's just more exhaust tubing with holes in the side, and that explains the way the bracket looks. If the engine was all apart in the trunk I could probably explain it. It would be easy for someone to take an engine apart to "overhaul it" not realizing what a problem it is to get internal parts for this particular engine family in 2024.

In 1950 more Nashes were sold than Kaisers, Frazers, Lincolns, Packards, Cadillacs, Hudsons, DeSotos and six cylinder Chryslers so Nashes were enjoying at least some degree of sales success. If there was a hypothetical car show TODAY of all 1950 auto makes where only sedans could be displayed, which marques do you think might garner the most attention? 

Edited by The 55er (see edit history)
  • Like 4

My Dad had one of these back in the mid 1950's. I've seen the picture of him stranding next to it, a young man in his early 30's. One of these days, I've got to scan those old pictures into my computer. I had a '51 Jaguar Mark VII that I was working on a few years ago. This Nash was considered to be the height of modernity compared to that Jag, except for the motor. That's an interesting hood ornament, not as attractive as the later "pin up" style. 

Whoever buys and gets this back on the road, won't see his twin at a cars and Coffee! 

• Like 3

It looks like its a mile long, but it's only 210 inches, just an inch or so longer than my '97 Riv. I didn't realize that this had an OHV engine, not bad for 1950!

• Like 2

It's an Ambassador. Nash pioneered a lot of things back in the 30s we take for granted now. Overhead valves weren't anything new to them in 1950. The Statesman had a tiny flathead six, and a nose about 9 inches shorter. The little Statesman flathead idles dead silent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The 55er said:

TODAY of all 1950 auto makes where only sedans could be displayed, which marques do you think might garner the most attention? 

I don't know about attention but I'd say the Shoebox Ford would provide the most specimens. Seems like they sold a lot of those. They were everywhere when I was in high school. 

12 hours ago, Fossil said:

I don't know about attention but I'd say the Shoebox Ford would provide the most specimens. Seems like they sold a lot of those. They were everywhere when I was in high school. 

I've been seeing A LOT of them (shoebox fords) on marketplace lately

• Like 1