1941 Packard 120 4 door $11,000

Marketplace - 1941 Packard 120 | Facebook

Seller's Description

This is a 1941 Packard straight 8. It has the manual transmission with overdrive. Someone put a lot of money into painting the body and having the chrome redone, but never fully finished the project. The front body parts and drivetrain are currently removed.

I started the engine with starter fluid before pulling it. It ran well and had good oil pressure (I have a video of it). My plan was to hone the cylinders, probably put in new piston rings/gaskets and go from there. The water pump is froze, so that will also need to be replaced. The old 6 volt wiring will also need to be replaced.

Brake system will need to be gone through. The car is pretty complete with only some misc. pieces missing. The radio is missing, some small bezels, interior windshield trim, and misc. chrome pieces here and there. All of these parts can be found on eBay, Packard forums, swap meets, etc.. I will include everything with the car that I received with it. I'd really like to finish the project, but my garage.  

Product photo of 1941 Packard 120

Makes me feel better about some of my old car projects.

The body's nice, but I don't see anyone rushing to rebody their sedan as a sedan.

Unfortunate someone invested $35K in cosmetics, as it's worth maybe a tenth of that in its current state.

• Like 1

Is that even a $35K car running and in good drivable shape?  Matt Harwood had one of that vintage a while back that went for a lot less than that and was a good runner if I recall correctly.  

42 minutes ago, Zimm63 said:

Is that even a $35K car running and in good drivable shape?  Matt Harwood had one of that vintage a while back that went for a lot less than that and was a good runner if I recall correctly.  

If I had to guess, I would say fewer than 5% of Packard 120 sedans break above the $30,000 mark. I think most sell in the teens. ....Really nice ones in the high teens and those that are a little scruffy in the low teens.

50 minutes ago, Zimm63 said:

Not with that interior. As cheap as the interior looks makes me wonder how cheaply the paint and body work etc. was done.

• Like 1

I agree with jdome on this. I paid 6K just for the material 5 years ago for my '40 Buick. This cars interior might cost 10K (an estimate) and the wiring needs to be done right away. I just finished wiring my car front to back last year and it is a project that will try your patience. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 2