39 Packard NOT MINE

Seller's Description

1939 Packard Super 8 Sedan with large inline 8, standard transmission, twin fendermounts, rear luggage rack. Mi e have eaten up the seat fabric of interior, some rust at bottom of doors, original paint. Needs complete restoration, but a beautiful and rare original car. No trades  $9500

At least some of us are interested in the bottom line...

1939 Packard super 8

$9,500
Listed 2 weeks ago in Salem, OR

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

I wish it was a 40 I would buy it for the wheels.

$10k for a set of wheels ??    Interested in a bridge I might just be wanting to sell?

1 hour ago, 7th Son said:

At least some of us are interested in the bottom line...

1939 Packard super 8

$9,500
Listed 2 weeks ago in Salem, OR

$10k for a set of wheels ??    Interested in a bridge I might just be wanting to sell?

You happen to have a bridge that has a complete set of usable 40 Super Eight Hubcaps, trim rings and rims?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, alsancle said:

You happen to have a bridge that has a complete set of usable 40 Super Eight Hubcaps, trim rings and rims?

Maybe...but you'd probably have to dive into the river to find them 😁

10 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

AJ for the record - assuming your looking to retire the WWW & chrome wires - not swapping!  😁😁

Have you hit David Flack or Dave Mitchell yet? 

Steve, it seems stupid, but buying a car that has a complete set of usable wheels with all the trim and then swapping wheels and reselling the car will buy far be the cheapest way to do it.

these are probably not nice enough to qualify. And they are not 1940.

• Like 2

AJ I get it.  A set of 5 rims for 40 in decent shape will run you around $100+ per easy at Hershey or through PAC classifieds.  Or you stumble on a set if your lucky, for a "song".  I do know 39 & 40 are different and you don't want "close enough" for that car.

If you can live with high quality repro the caps and rings are still available at Hirsch.  

It will look really cool if you make that change.

Subject car, IMO is probably a bit high price wise.  Academic for what you want to do but a lot of work to be done there.  

If ypu found a 40 Su 8 sedan in sililar shape for $4 - 5k stuff it up at Tom's and have spare mechanicals..  Or stick on the blingy wheels and sell it for a profit to the bomb guys. 😁

32 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

AJ I get it.  A set of 5 rims for 40 in decent shape will run you around $100+ per easy at Hershey or through PAC classifieds.  Or you stumble on a set if your lucky, for a "song".  I do know 39 & 40 are different and you don't want "close enough" for that car.

If you can live with high quality repro the caps and rings are still available at Hirsch.  

It will look really cool if you make that change.

Subject car, IMO is probably a bit high price wise.  Academic for what you want to do but a lot of work to be done there.  

If ypu found a 40 Su 8 sedan in sililar shape for $4 - 5k stuff it up at Tom's and have spare mechanicals..  Or stick on the blingy wheels and sell it for a profit to the bomb guys. 😁

Steve,

I do not believe you can get the reproductions from Hirsch anymore or that would be the way to go.

• Like 1

That's unfortunate.  I know they were on the website not too long ago.  Buried, but available.  Maybe existing stock ran out.

Was pleased with the set we bought for the 39 120.  A very high quality repro. 

Someone who wants to add side mounts to his restored '38-'39 convertible better snap up this car.  The '39 Super 8 has the 320 engine with various one-year-only components which are hard to find. 

• Like 1