ID this car in the woods near my home in Mass........1935??????

edinmass

2 hours ago, 3macboys said:

Well Ed, you have said that your attention has turned to original, non restored  prewar cars, so what's the timeline for you to have this one back mechanically sorted?

I like a challenge……this one is too easy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For you big city guys.

Back a few years, cars like this were used as hunting cars. Old beaters with the doors off to go through the woods with all the gear.

Most of the time they were used just for fun and the hunting and fishing was just an excuse.

• Like 1

Around here, sellers of cars in this condition are quick to say something like, "All it NEEDS is..." and follow that up with a quick and flippant list which sounds like it can be restored in a week or two, "Just like they do it on TV!  

• Like 1

I remember back when I was a young boy 1955 living in Sharon, MA, I would walk through the woods and find a lot of old abandonments like this. Usually when they were abandoned they had most of there stuff still in tact, but through time they were scavenged by those in need.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hook said:

I remember back when I was a young boy 1955 living in Sharon, MA, I would walk through the woods and find a lot of old abandonments like this. Usually when they were abandoned they had most of there stuff still in tact, but through time they were scavenged by those in need.

Hook, did you know my good friend in Sharon Mass who was a LaSalle guy? Lester Wax? 

58 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Hook, did you know my good friend in Sharon Mass who was a LaSalle guy? Lester Wax? 

No, I don't. We moved out of Massachusetts in 1960.

• Like 1