Judge Joseph Cassini III

One of the truly great and remarkable men in the car hobby has gone too soon.  Joe had a smile that would light up the room and was the ultimate car guy.  He played in a world that most of us can only dream about.  Two Best of Shows at Pebble Beach to go along with his 11 First in Class.  Despite all his appearances at the big time concours he showed in AACA as well for many years.  He was at home in any setting and treated everyone with respect.

One of my favorite memories of Joe was when he won Best of Show at the Elegance and won the biggest all glass trophy you could ever imagine. The crate it came in was a work of art and the trophy was stunning.  He was so excited and could not wait to get it home to show his wife, Margie.  I told Joe we would deliver the award to NJ but no he just HAD to take it home and brought up his driver, a Maserati which was low and sporty and asked for help putting it in the back seat. I just KNEW it would never make the trip and there would be glass everywhere.  Just getting it in the car was a nightmare but it did make the trip.  I will never forget that moment.  Rest in Peace Joe.

• Like 6

Terrible news to hear of the passing of a TRUE car guy.  My wife and I attended Pebble when Joe won best of show in 2013.  Got introduced to Joe at the show by one of the fellows from RM.   I had quite a passion for the car which Joe seemed to recognize.  I remember saying to him "This is the holy grail of Packards"  I think he got a kick out of that.  After the show concluded the guys from RM told Joe I was the biggest fan of the car and asked Joe if it would be okay to take me for a ride.  Next think you know, due to Joes kindness, here we are driving down 17 mile drive, top down, in the Best of Show Packard.  Went from commoner too king for a day.    I think Joe and his family showed suburb classics at more concours that any other collectors over the years.  Thanks Joe for the ride - RIP 

ScreenShot2024-01-20at2_13_39PM.png.4e1246cb7819c85f46af2b6b2090d8a8.png

Photo from the New Jersey Monthly.

• Like 5