Electrolock help needed.

I’m trying to get the ElectroLock cable/swivel off of the Delco Remy distributor of my ‘28 Chandler.  I want to do away with it and go to an insulated stud through the distributor housing and am having a tough time getting it disconnected.  It has a flat-sided stud and a nut inside the Delco.  The stud turns. I’d love to get to the inside of the “armored” section to hold the stud so the nut could be dealt with.  Any tips?

On 1/15/2024 at 12:49 PM, 1929wilbur said:

I’m trying to get the ElectroLock cable/swivel off of the Delco Remy distributor of my ‘28 Chandler.  I want to do away with it and go to an insulated stud through the distributor housing and am having a tough time getting it disconnected.  It has a flat-sided stud and a nut inside the Delco.  The stud turns. I’d love to get to the inside of the “armored” section to hold the stud so the nut could be dealt with.  Any tips?

1929wilbur can you post some pictures? I have a similar setup on my 1929 Chandler with an Autolite distributor, which was correct only for the 1929 Chandler cars.

My Autolite Distributer has an arrow head stud that the electrolock cable grabs.

Inside the cable end are two curved brass jaws that resist removal of the stud..

Once apart I had the stud re shaped to a shallow egg shape instead of the Blunt ended arrow head shape.

Easier to remove cable end for adjustments.