1925 Chevrolet Stewart Fuel Pump Connections

franzzu1

I'm trying to get my '25 Chevy Superior sedan running, but there's a tube missing from the top of the Stewart fuel pump on the firewall, and I don't know where it would have gone.  From pictures of other cars it appears it went thru the firewall into the dash.  I was thinking of capping it, but didn't know if I'm missing something critical to proper operation of the pump.  Thanks for any help!

Fuel Pump.jpg

Thanks for the help - that makes sense, not sure why I didn't think of it going to the wiper motor!  I guess I was thinking fuel, not vacuum.  Wondering if that would have been a rubber vacuum line to the wiper motor, or did they even have rubber lines like that in '25??

55 minutes ago, franzzu1 said:

Thanks for the help - that makes sense, not sure why I didn't think of it going to the wiper motor!  I guess I was thinking fuel, not vacuum.  Wondering if that would have been a rubber vacuum line to the wiper motor, or did they even have rubber lines like that in '25??

I think the most common setup was the vacuum tube going into the dash, then maybe a short bit of rubber tube connecting to a hardline running up the windshield stanchion, to another short bit of rubber line connecting to the actual wiper motor. 

Edited by Lahti35 (see edit history)
  • Like 1