40 buick splash apron

Dave avon

Yes and yes.  Your car should have splash guards/aprons under the front fenders and behind the tire inside the rear fenders.  I'll see if I can grab a photo or two.

I have the shields on the inside of the fenders. What I am asking about is along the inner fender just above the frame and along side of the motor in the engine compartment. Sorry I didn't myself clear. Thanks 

Ah, yes, there are sheilds there and they attach to the bottom of the frame.  Difficult to find as mechanics or owners took them off to save time on engine work.  I don't know of a source.  I got mine when I bought a parts car that had them.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know, but it looks to me like maybe a masticated rubber flap was attached to those holes with wire clips.  Does that side go against the frame rail?image.jpeg.0ff1f5e606285fb0c83e3468b77887e6.jpeg

On 1/25/2024 at 9:50 AM, Dave avon said:

These are the holes I mentioned. I think a rubber button goes in them but not sure.

These are the holes that line up with threaded inserts on the frame.  Each of the two pans attach to the frame on each side of the engine.  There is no connection to the engine.

• Thanks 1