Putting my 64 back together

RivNut

The head bolt that goes through the alternator bracket:  Is it a longer bolt that goes through the bracket then torqued to specs, or is a bolt with a stud on the head torqued down then the bracket attached to the stud with a nut?

My 64 is finally getting under way and it’s been a few years since my step-son and I took it apart.  He did most of the physical work so I’ll probably be on here frequently asking questions about re-assembling this car.  

Ed  this may help you-----ebay no -----232438558405---

37 minutes ago, telriv said:

Ed,

Does your car have A/C???

IF it has A/C the shouldered part of the bolt will be 1/4" longer.

IF NOT 2 bolts at 1/2" longer.

Tom T.

It has A/C so I’ll look for the 1/4” longer bolt. 
Thanks,

Ed

I have the wrong ( too short) bolt as well, because the engine was swapped from a 62’ Le Sabre.

If anyone has the correct bolt for the AC alternator bracket for sale, please let me know.

Frank,

I'm sure I have extras but they are getting harder & harder to find.

$20.00 + shipping to Germany unless you have an address here in the U.S. then I will include shipping.

Tom T.

19 hours ago, telriv said:

Frank,

I'm sure I have extras but they are getting harder & harder to find.

$20.00 + shipping to Germany unless you have an address here in the U.S. then I will include shipping.

Tom T.

Tom, I‘ve sent you a PN.

when I put back together my Dad's car that the bodyman took apart for paint and then disappeared, it was a big puzzle.  I wanted it PERFECT, so bought two parts cars so I knew where every nut and bolt went and which size and types were used.  THEN I gave one of my young talented mechanics the two factory workshop manuals and let him "have at it". Would up with a perfect car

• Like 2