1930 Club Sedan question

vtnorth

Good morning and happy New Year to you Franklin folks.

I just purchased a '30 Club Sedan that needs lots of love and care. I have a '33 Olympic and my other Franks are all early 20s. I am having fun learning about this whole new generation of Franklins.

Question.....I am just finishing new brake linings and noticed the front 19-inch tires have been hitting the front shocks in a sharp turn. I can see nothing to limit the tire turn movement in the linkage, is this a normal problem for this model? Are there any fixes that you know of?

If you have answers, hold on your hat, I have lots more question about this really neat car.

Thanks GCF

You would be best to put in your title what kind of car not just the year and body style-  It may attract more people to answer your question.

Or put this in the Franklin section of the forums if you want to leave it as is.

there were many many makes of cars that offered club sedans in 1930.

2 hours ago, vtnorth said:

Good morning and happy New Year to you Franklin folks.

I just purchased a '30 Club Sedan that needs lots of love and care. I have a '33 Olympic and my other Franks are all early 20s. I am having fun learning about this whole new generation of Franklins.

Question.....I am just finishing new brake linings and noticed the front 19-inch tires have been hitting the front shocks in a sharp turn. I can see nothing to limit the tire turn movement in the linkage, is this a normal problem for this model? Are there any fixes that you know of?

If you have answers, hold on your hat, I have lots more question about this really neat car.

Thanks GCF

By your statement I assume you are talking about a Franklin. Yes there are stops for the turning of the spindle. It is on the rear side of the axil. See my photo with the arrow pointing to the cap screw with locking nut. The right wheel stop prevents the left wheel from turning into far and vice versa. Hope this helps. Sorry about the dirt and grease. OH and by the way post your Franklin questions in the Franklin section of the forum.

Bill

IMG_2176.JPG

Edited by hook
left out (see edit history)
  • Like 2