For Sale: 1937 Cord 812 SC Beverly Sedan - AMBITIOUS PROJECT - $25,000 - Tulsa, OK - Not Mine

For Sale: 1937 Cord 812 SC Beverly Sedan - AMBITIOUS PROJECT - $25,000 - Tulsa, OK

1937 Cord beverly sedan SC for sale by owner - Tulsa, OK - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Disassembled to restore, owner quit, stored over 40 years, is a Super Charged model but the SC was replaced with a carburetor. OBO/make offer. Call or e-mail. NO TEXT! odometer: 44000
Copy and paste in your email: c1b882fa4a9535cfa5a1a970b1609777@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 Cord 812 SC Beverly Sedan - AMBITIOUS PROJECT.

'37 Cord beverly OK a.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK b.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK c.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK d.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK e.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK f.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK fa.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK g.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK h.jpg

'37 Cord beverly OK i.jpg

I am not a Cord person, but I presume every part of this car has some value to a lesser or greater extent.

Can someone knowledgeable guesstimate how much selling all the disassembled parts would bring?

I cannot see how an average restorer could come close to breaking even by restoring this car after paying $25k for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave Wells said:

I am not a Cord person, but I presume every part of this car has some value to a lesser or greater extent.

Can someone knowledgeable guesstimate how much selling all the disassembled parts would bring?

I cannot see how an average restorer could come close to breaking even by restoring this car after paying $25k for it.

There is value in the parts. But I doubt it is anywhere near 25K.  The value in this car is that it is a real supercharged car. Although I don’t see a picture of the data plate or the chassis number. And as I mentioned before, it was missing its supercharger assembly. I have seen complete supercharger assemblies with the special carburetor advertised for 15 to 20 K.

• Like 1

$68k turnkey - $25k buy-in for this Cord = $43k  

Could one get it running, driving, and stopping for $43k (probably…)

Now add in $200k+ for restoration costs in 2024 dollars.

The seller may have had good intentions, but they missed the peak of the market by a few decades.

This Cord would have been restored 20/30 years ago, but now unless it has some sentimental value to the next caretaker, it’s destined to languish for eternity…

• Like 1

There's the thread about how your restoration / project tastes have changed over the years.  When I was young and dumb enough to take on something like this, Fords were more in my price range.  Now that cost is less of an issue, the energy to do it is a precious commodity. 

This is the second one of these to come along, one of my top five cars of all time. 

The date stamp may be correct, but I can tell you that my camera has never been set, so anyone's guess I'd say.

29 minutes ago, 63RedBrier said:

$68k turnkey - $25k buy-in for this Cord = $43k  

Could one get it running, driving, and stopping for $43k (probably…)

Now add in $200k+ for restoration costs in 2024 dollars.

The seller may have had good intentions, but they missed the peak of the market by a few decades.

This Cord would have been restored 20/30 years ago, but now unless it has some sentimental value to the next caretaker, it’s destined to languish for eternity…

200k wouldn’t even put a dent in the restoration costs. A running and driving car for 68k, or wait three to five years and have 500k minimum if a shop does it. Unfortunately, it’s probably destined to be a hot rod. 

• Like 4