I need a piece of carburator linkage from an AFB out of the 60s - Mopar

JACK M

I need the linkage that goes from the vacuum thing to the slotted lever at the outer end of the choke butterfly shaft.

You can see in this picture; it's the linkage that has that horseshoe bend in it. Upper right of this best pic I could find.

No, I don't want to buy the $75 plus shipping parts carb.

Just hoping one of you may have a junk carb laying around that has this piece.

PMs please. Cheers

IM005287.JPG

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

• JACK M changed the title to I need a piece of carburator linkage from an AFB out of the 60s - Mopar

It's correct name is "choke diaphragm connector rod" and Chrysler used more than one. To be sure you get the correct one, you will need to determine the identification number of your carburetor and check the bill-of-material; and do the same if you find a donor carburetor.

Jon

Thank you Jon.

Its a 3858.

I think I have the carburator all ready to put on the car except for the "Choke diaphragm connector rod".

I've been threatening to try and make one from an old coat hanger, but I'm not really like that. LOL

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

Part number 115-400.

Different from the one in your picture.

One of the more common ones, and probably the most commonly broken??? How do you break a linkage rod???

We got over 100 of them from Carter when F/M bought out Carter, and they are all gone (sold out). We got first refusal on the existing Carter inventory at the buy out, F/M didn't want it.

In addition to the originals, I probably made another dozen or so when I was still restoring carbs, but no longer doing this.

If you want to make one, base material is 3/32 mild steel.

Jon

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Any Ideas where I might search that PN?

Not google.....

I sent a message to Mikes Carburetor over here in Chehalis Washington with that PN.

Got an automated message that they will get back to me.

Jack - the only way you will find one is get exceptionally lucky! Like I said in my last post, I got the remaining original Carter inventory in about 1985, and that piece is now gone!

I would be looking for used carbs with a good correct link, or get out your lathe and bending tools ;)

Jon

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jolly_John said:

My goodness....just make the thing, Jack. Jon identified the O.D. of the material, and with a little trial and error, you'll have a part that will be functional. John

Might just have to do that. 

Since the car isn't ready yet I am still in hopes.