1944 Ford Ambulance, not mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1291200634890829/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks  image.png.f1374873d7bc81440fbd46f3537457f7.png1944 Ford ambulance in good condition , needs total restoration. No title, I wi give bill of sale. I have owned it for 25 years. This is unique in that it is a four door. It was sent to the Siebert factory and stretched. It does have a flathead engine in it. It doesn’t run.

Edited by Xander Wildeisen (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Siebert of Toledo, OH built by stretching Ford and Mercury two door sedans into four door ambulances.  In addition to adding length to insert the four-door sedan rear doors, they would open the rear roof section around the rear window to attach it to the decklid to create a top hinged tailgate.  This 1944 is based on a Ford panel truck.  Siebert was among the low-cost coachbuilders.

Edited by 58L-Y8
syntax corrected (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I bought a Siebert ambulance converted from a sedan delivery back in high school. Thought it would be neat along side by buddy's then current ride, a '37 Packard hearse. Trouble was, the (private) school wouldn't allow either of us to park on school property. We negotiated a 30 day sell-off to keep our disciplinary records clean. Then "retaliated" by his purchasing a surplus Dodge army command car and I found a Ford Model AA dump truck. Luckily the year was almost over, graduation in sight, and nobody made a fuss.

Here's a Siebert combination car made from a sedan delivery (not nine):

image.png.727690ed45b45aca578b11d3e5959c1e.png

Edited by Dave Wells (see edit history)
  • Like 6