1931 Chrysler Imperial Parking Brake Relining

Joao46

Hi folks. 
My Imperial has a very worn parking brake band of the contracting on a drum type on the driveshaft.

Does anyone have a recommended source of either Relining services or of the lining itself?

thanks and Merry Christmas!

47 minutes ago, Joao46 said:

Hi folks. 
My Imperial has a very worn parking brake band of the contracting on a drum type on the driveshaft.

Does anyone have a recommended source of either Relining services or of the lining itself?

thanks and Merry Christmas!

If you let us know where you are located I'm sure a recommendation of some one close will be forthcoming.  

I believe McMaster Carr has all the materials that you would require if you were looking to tackle it yourself.  After following with @edinmass ,on I believe it was the 35 Buick, and knowing the experience that he has, I elected to send the one set of brakes I needed done out to https://www.johnstuartpowerbrake.com/ I was very happy with their service, price and quality of work.  As they are in Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada no doubt there will will be a similar company much closer to you.  

• Like 1

I did my own for a bunch of reasons. Worked out fine. Car stops well. That said, it’s a learning curve type of process. From now on, I will only do my friction in house. 

While it may need to be used for an emergency stop at some point, 99.9% of the time they are neither on, nor when they are on, they simply act as a clamp, not really under any duress. So any thickness left is usually more than adequate to hold the car when parked, say on a hill. But, I suppose a  new lining can be some comfort. BTW, they are adjustable if the issue is about lever not being far enough forward, a pretty simple proceedure, 

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)