1909 kit car oil capacity

Swear57

• 2 weeks later...

On the right front of the engine just above the oil pan is a wire arm coming out of the block if the float is still working the arm will float up. If not working remove the breather cover and pour oil in the engine but not so much to get into the cylinders. I can’t remember but I think it may have been only about 2 quart.

Yes I believe I do know. First remove the rear wheels then remove the the wheel nut ,then the 2 screws on the hub. It should slide off then. I don’t know if you know that there a number of disc in that hub. It’s a pretty cool setup. Back to the oil,my engine has a drain cock on the right side of the engine down by the oil pan. That will drain the oil if over filled. What kind of carburetor is used on your engine. Thank you for the pictures of the top.

I got the lights all cleaned up using Brasso. Got the front wheel bearings all cleaned and packed. Cleaned the old grease out of the kingpins, put in new grease and polished the brass grease cups. This car went through a flood back in 2020. No water got into the engine, but it got into the carb and of course all the wheel bearings. This car has a Schebler carb. I have never had one of these apart. Any word on the rear hub disassemble? 

Thanks Jim S

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

No not yet. He has not replied yet. I think there is a clip on the inside on the back of the hub by the bearing ,but for the life of me I can’t remember. It’s been awhile. That is a Schebler model H. I need one do you know of any for sale? As soon as I get the hub information I will get it out to you. Is it hard to shift with the top up?