For Sale: 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $14,500 - Northwood, NH - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $13,500: 1-15-2024. - Still Available, Price Increased to $15,500: 2-18-2024.

For Sale: 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $14,500 - Northwood, NH -Still Available, Price Reduced to $13,500: 1-15-2024. -Still Available, Price Increased to $15,500: 2-18-2024.  See New Link Below:

1924 WILLYS KNIGHT for sale by owner - Northwood, NH - craigslist
Seller's Description:

This is a very nice 1924 Willys Knight touring car that spent the last 20+ years in a museum down south. A few years or so ago the museum closed and all cars went to auction down their and sold. When I got it up and running she had a bad sleeve so I drove down to Michigan picked up the parts needed, tore down the engine and repaired it... . Car is in very nice shape, runs and drives good, nice clean body, beautiful interior and top. Any more questions call.
Copy and paste in your email: 646c51b9da96300bbb0c5e3324b4368f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR.

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH a.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH b.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH c.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH d.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH e.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH f.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH g.jpg

'24 WILLYS KNIGHT NH h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Increased to $15,500: 2-18-2024. . Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $14,500 - Northwood, NH - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $14,500: 11-27-2023.

Still Available, Unchanged Price $14,500: 11-27-2023.

Seller's Description:

This is a very nice 1924 Willys Knight touring car that spent the last 20+ years in a museum down south. A few years or so ago the museum closed and all cars went to auction down their and sold. When I got it up and running she had a bad sleeve so I drove down to Michigan picked up the parts needed, tore down the engine and repaired it... . Car is in very nice shape, runs and drives good, nice clean body, beautiful interior and top. 
Copy and paste in your email: 60b72d7e9f603f51a575ec3f54ecd43c@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)

A broken sleeve is a common result if starting a Knight engine that has sat too long without first properly freeing it up and getting it loose enough to run thoroughly. That often involves a significant amount of teardown and cleaning if not a full basic overhaul. I understand that it "usually" does not do serious damage to the rest of the engine, although it can destroy the mini crankshaft that performs the function of a camshaft in a poppet valve engine. Usually, the engines can be repaired after breaking a sleeve that way.

A full basic overhaul is very different on a Knight engine! I have never done one myself. However a longtime good friend has done a few of them. When he was done with them, they ran great! I got to see a couple of them apart at his garage.

How long is too long? Depends upon numerous variable factors, mostly quality of storage, condition of engine and oil when last run, dampness. Too long might be ten years or more? Or it could be only a few months. 

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $14,500 - Northwood, NH - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $13,500: 1-15-2024.

Still Available, Price Reduced to $13,500: 1-15-2024.

1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $13,500 - Northwood, NH

Seller's Description:

This is a very nice 1924 Willys Knight touring car that spent the last 20+ years in a museum down south. A few years or so ago the museum closed, and all cars went to auction down there and sold. When I got it up and running, she had a bad sleeve, so I drove down to Michigan picked up the parts needed, tore down the engine and repaired it. Car is in very nice shape, runs and drives good, nice clean body, beautiful interior and top. I have not even started it or drove it in two years, shame to let it just sit in my barn... Any more questions call. 
Copy and paste in your email: 82d691a26257321fa008154b8307535a@sale.craigslist.org

Edited by 58L-Y8
Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1924 WILLYS KNIGHT TOURING CAR - $14,500 - Northwood, NH - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $13,500: 1-15-2024. - Still Available, Price Increased to $15,500: 2-18-2024.

Still Available, Price Increased to $15,500: 2-18-2024.

Seller's Description:

LOOKING FOR BEST REASONABLE OFFER, HAS NOT LEFT THE BARN IN YEARS JUST COLLECTING DUST
This is a very nice 1924 Willys Knight touring car that spent the last 20+ years in a museum down south. About 7 years or so ago the museum closed and all cars went to auction down their and sold. I had it shipped up here, when I got it up and running she had a bad sleeve so I drove down to Michigan bought the parts needed plus extras, tore down the engine and repaired it... . Car is in very nice shape, runs and drives good, nice clean body, beautiful interior and top. I turn the motor over by hand every month so not to damage it like when I bought it. it just sits in my barn... Any more questions call.
Copy and paste in your email: ada072b4b0c93006a7eb4824bb00848e@sale.craigslist.org

The sleeve valve is such an exotic mechanical oddity today, I'm sure it puts people off who would otherwise be attracted to this hansom car. Too bad it looks like an ordinary flat head on the outside. The veterinary school at UC Davis used to have a cow with a glass stomach so students could watch it work. This car needs something similar!  

• Like 1