Sherm Carey Former AACA Director

Steve Moskowitz

21 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Hate to hear this. Sherm was a great guy. I have not seen him in a few years but always enjoyed talking with him. 

Very true, Matt.  Sherm had a smile constantly it seemed.  Never failed to ask how you are doing and had memorable laugh that I wish more people generated.

• Like 4

What a shock. Sherm was a fun guy to be around, always a smile and a laugh. He was one of the guys instrumental in developing the AACA Drivers Participation class while he was on our Board of Directors. He and his wife Treva really enjoyed time with AACA.  It was always fun to be with them

As a fellow WMU guy, our college memories were special. RIP Sherm, you will be remembered!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Sherm played football and baseball at Western Michigan University. There is no mention of Sherm being an NFL payer in his obit but i think he got a tryout with the Lions.

That is how I recall it.  Years ago we were getting ready to start a board meeting and Sherm mentioned the Lions tryout to someone.

• Like 1

Sherm and I were at WMU at the same time and he was a standout athlete.  It's my recollection the Lions had expressed interest in signing him but an injury had impacted his football career.  He certainly would be thrilled to see them play this year.  As a life-long Lions fan I thought of him when we watched and celebrated their playoff victory. 

Terry

• Like 1