Rodney’s 1997 Buick Riviera supercharged coupe

rodneybeauchamp

Just a quick update. Did our Boys Breakfast run today to a little cafe just North of Goolwa, and return, about a 40mile round trip. Got to check the transmission oil when it was hot and just needed a slight top up, erring on the side of full rather than just under. (That’s me 😀)

Gotta say, all shifts smoothly and quietly, Riviera runs smooth and quiet, a nice Buick to drive. Then had Dido accompany me for most of the journey, “Life for Rent”.

Very pleased now all the fluids are changed and all working as it should. Very pleased!

Next project is to add some small markings on the speedometer to match the most common speed limits we have here, making it a tad easier for me to see at a glance. Otherwise I’m try to calculate each time as the Kilometre markings are a bit smaller than I would like.

And just a quick photo from todays run.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

IMG_3169.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

And just a small update as we plan to drive interstate to the Australian Buick Nationals next Tuesday morning. A couple of “shakedown runs” after all fluids have been changed and more importantly, to showcase our new custom made number plates. 

Big shout out to Tony at Southcoast Signs, a local signwriter who made our plates to perfection, replacing the temporary plates I made using laminated paper printed on a computer. These new plates use computer generated and cut letters and numbers fixed to sign writers sheet which is made from a 2.0mm thick aluminium - plastic - aluminium sandwich.

Rear plate neatly slides into the aperture with no alterations, the front just needing the corners rounded to neatly fit the Buick holder. Used a good quality flexible adhesive to fix the front plate rather than screws. And I think they look super smart!

We did a club run to Aussie Apricots and The Revolution Car Museum on Sunday and our usual Boys Breakfast run today (Wednesday), to Normanville cafe. Both were great runs with the Buick performing as it should, flawlessly.

And to cap it off, Jo suggested she should get some time behind the wheel today to give me some relief driving on our way to the Nationals next week. So we did a short run in the afternoon on some nearby quiet country roads. Jo found the Riviera easy to drive and felt confident about taking the wheel. Remember, we are RHD here, so driving LHD does not come easy. And the smiles came easy too!

Anyway photos or it never happened.

IMG_7318.jpeg

IMG_7316.jpeg

IMG_3181.jpeg

IMG_3188.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

IMG_3191.jpeg

• Like 2