37 President Air Cleaner Decal

RPAust1

Sorry, but neither of those decals are correct.  Neither are the air cleaners.  Both of the air cleaners pictured here were produced after the Packard purchase of Studebaker in the fifties.  (Both decals say “Studebaker - Packard Corporation”)

The correct air cleaner for a ‘37 President was made by Burgess and had a small oval Burgess decal.  It does not have a replaceable element. I’ll try to get a picture of a correct air cleaner and decal tomorrow.  

Tom

Here is a photo of an original ‘37 President air cleaner.  I didn’t have any digitally-stored images of the air cleaner, so this is an image of a printed photo from 2015.  I also found some reproduction decals made in 2015 by one of the members who posts here and will probably see this. I won’t identify him if he doesn’t want to be (I haven’t asked)

Tom

A30CBC04-B6F9-49F1-8B4B-780C3F5D62D2.jpeg

449EC793-52C3-4F52-BD11-7B6CB3AC4E2D.jpeg

While looking for the Burgess decals, I came across the some decals like the ones in the original post here.  I have some with a black background and one with a clear background to be placed on a black air cleaner.  The black background one says “Studebaker Corp” and the clear background one says “Studebaker Packard Corp” .   My memory is probably faulty, but I seem to remember that either Studebaker International or one of the other major Studebaker parts vendors had these available.

Tom

300CED1D-B788-4F1F-8CD0-F19A9081D870.jpeg

Thanks for the help everyone, 

the chassis parts catalog shows two type of air cleaners for the '37 3C, a Burgess Air Cleaner (P/N #190121) and a AC Air Cleaner (P/N #190437).   After the information shared, I would think the original decal was for a car after the 1954 merger.  I don't know, maybe someone with a '54 or later can share.  Studebaker-International (https://www.studebaker-intl.com/catalog_pdf/fuel.pdf) has the decal I shared on page 188, for maybe a '53-54 Champion and Commander.

Overall, the most important part is keeping another '37 3C on the road and enjoying the drive.

Cheers 

Will

image.png.b25543329ce322911f8f19018c96ca00.png

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning All

The car I obtained was assembled in Aust by a company called T J Richards and they supplied the air cleaner that appears to be type D.

Richards put on the car whatever was on the shelf, they assembled nearly all the US vehicles GM, Chrysler, Buick, Studebaker. until GM bought them  

so I have gone with what was supplied.

Thanks for the assistance, I very sure i will be back .