stupid question about 1980 cutlass supreme

hi all!

i just had that dumb question about an 80' 4dr olds cutlass supreme:

it's about the ECU(engine control unit)

as i don't khow anything 'bout that car(and i don't own it),

i wanted to khow that is there an ECU in this model at all, and if yes, than where is it located?

About the only thing I can think of, is the carburator, distributor and transmission. On the carb, there are two connectors one on the left side that's for the throttle position sensor and the other is on the right side for the fuel mixture. The distributor's advance on the ECU type won't have a vacuum advance, the ECU does that electronically. If your car has these items, then there's an ECU in it somewhere. Best thing to do is spend $15 and buy a Haynes or Chilton book for it at most auto parts supermarkets.

i'm sorry, but this is a junked car, it has allmost everything BUT:a left taillight, and if you open the hood, you'll see nothing but the floor underneath, yea, an empty space with some wires coming from the firewall and underneath -Heh, someone took the engine and the trans...

BUT i found out something interesting: i opened a pannel under the dash at the driver's side, and saw many wires that were supposed to connect to smoething, but no "something". -maybe there were an ecu in there and someone took it? (i didn't checked yet underneath the dash at the passenger side)