1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woodie How Many ?

buckaroo01

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2023 at 10:52 AM, buckaroo01 said:

Does anyone know how many 1948 Chevrolet Fleetmaster Woodies are left ?  They produced 10,171

Why interested in the number, just out of curiosity? I have a '48 Chevrolet (also a '49 T&C convert, '41 International, and a '47 chevrolet country club coupe for my woodies), which I think is pretty cool. 

Keep in mind that rarity in woodies does not necessarily translate into higher value. My '41 International KB3 is one of three or four remaining, but that does not mean its worth a bunch. As a matter of fact, I would offer that it would be below the average in woodie pricing. 

The good thing about a more common make is PARTS. There are TONS of chevrolet and ford parts for post war cars, such that you will rarely, if ever, be in a bind to find replacement parts. That is not true for a Packard or an International. So................................................... be happy that your woodie is more common, as it will save you from having to scrounge/fabricate/improvise parts!! I think I still have a bunch of '48 Chevrolet spare parts laying around one of my barns back in Iowa (along with a bunch of other car parts). 

PS- Eric Clapton's favorite car is a '48 Chevrolet woodie. His wife is from Ohio and they have driven the damn thing cross country. 

We recently purchased a very nice 47, out of Oregon and brought it back to So. Calif. There certainly doesn't appear to be as many Chevy's as Fords and that's just fine with us! I don't need to explain why I have a Chevy motor (350) in a Chevy.decals

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 5:06 PM, 67doka said:

We recently purchased a very nice 47, out of Oregon and brought it back to So. Calif. There certainly doesn't appear to be as many Chevy's as Fords and that's just fine with us! I don't need to explain why I have a Chevy motor (350) in a Chevy.decals

I LIKE the Chevy 350 V8 in a chevrolet woodie (mine has one too). Being able to drive your car anywhere in the country with a very reliable drivetrain, steering, and disc brakes is nice. 

• Like 1