Fuel Pump Rebuilding Service??

Dan O

I called one of the "old reliable" Buick parts houses today about their fuel pump rebuilding service for my 1949 320CI Roadmaster.  They send your core out somewhere to get it done for $105 plus shipping both ways.  The kits are $93.50 alone.

Does anyone know where they are sending them?  I'd rather not pay a middleman.  And, I'd rather not have to do this myself at this price. 

Also, any sources for a decent rebuild kit?  I am aware of Fusick, Kanter, Bob's and CARS.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)

Once i sent a fuel pump out to one of the parts houses, may have been Kanter or CARS, but I found out it went on to Terrill Machine of Texas.  I have since sent pumps directly to them, not saving a whole lot of money but much better communication and quicker turn around.  I talked right to them one time, and asked for a tear down report and got it.  

They fix other mechanical items too and will tell you if you ask.  I cant say enough good about them.  I hope they stay around for many more years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thanks, guys.  I will give them a call. 

Also, if you ever need a starter or generator rebuilt, Joe's Starter & Generator Repair in Hewitt, Texas is really good.  254-666-7747.  $75 to fix my starter that had some sort of short in it.  Four day turn around.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Then and Now Automotive has done a few for me when I didn’t feel like doing it myself.   Kits are reasonably priced, hold up to todays fuels which most should these days anyway.  Been awhile since I used them, they did the work on site.

Edited by KAD36 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Arthur Gould Rebuilders in Massachusetts several times. They have been in business many years. They are very reliable and have a quick turn around time.

the number is 508-210-0891