Hudson horn button

I'll venture a guess. This style button with the squares in the background was MOSTLY used on the more expensive Hudsons (Commodores, Hornets) from 1951-1953. Parts book shows they were offered in five different colors: gold, silver, tan, blue and green to match the interiors. It's hard to say for sure what the background color is here. If it's silver it would work for all 1952 Hudsons, if it's tan it would work for all 1952 Hudsons and 1953 Hornets. I find the parts book listings for these as somewhat confusing. It's definitely not a 1950 or 1954 button. 

Hi, 55er,

Thank you for your details regarding my horn button. The background is silver, so it is from a 1952. 

This came in a box lot of random metallic gleanings from somebody's basement, barn, or garage.

I could figure out it was from a Hudson, from the late 40's or 50's, and am grateful that you have pinpointed the year. Those parts books you have are a gold mine of information!

In my town there was a rural route mailman who drove 1950's Hudson 4 door sedans up to about 1967. They ran well, but their unibodies succumbed to rust.   He had 3 of them lined up by his house until about 1970, and then they were gone. I always hoped that a restorer or hot rodder bought them.

• Like 1