For Sale: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Station Wagon - "Very good condition, Original interior" - "Drive anywhere" - Cairo, OH - Not Mine - 12/1 Reduced

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon in Cairo, OH  -  $52,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 12/1, Seller reduced price to $39,500 and relisted on Hemmings

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/822545252377291/-1955-Chrysler-New-Yorker-Town-&-Country-Station-Wagon

Hemmings.com relist: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1955-chrysler-new-yorker-cairo-oh-2757728

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon

• Very good condition
  • Driven 44,570 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Yellow

1955 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER DELUXE TOWN AND COUNTRY. ORIGINAL 331 HEMI MOTOR TWO SPEED TRANS. ORIGINAL INTERIOR. ORIGINAL PAINT, WWW TIRES WIRE WHEELS. SHIFT IN THE MIDDLE OF DASH. ONLY DID THAT ONE YEAR.

• CAR CAN BE DRIVEN ANYWHERE. NO PROBLEMS. BEEN TO HERSHEY PA. FIVE TIMES. KENTUCY, TENN, MICH. ITS MADE TO DRIVE AND ENJOY.

HAS BEEN LOWERED THREE INCHES ALL THE WAY AROUND. IT IS ONE OF RAREST CARS MADE. THEY ONLY MADE 1087 FOR THAT YEAR. MOST PEOPLE TELL ME THEY HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE. YOU WILL NEVER SEE MANY OF THESE FOR SALE. THE OLD SAYING FIND ONE. VERY DESIREABLE.

image.png.eba6370f8753db20182effa636c8815f.png

image.png.a2c9efa33ebdc7b4be82f9a02cf60c7f.png

image.png.37ed32e08f5ae99f0f88fc48ca54388f.png

image.png.1bfc80a73b1c8da1db811460842896a4.png

image.png.9d5eb75239506aad9ed34846aab08d43.png

image.png.644f56c9efce576dbf747dd612b285d3.png

image.png.691e89922affd526e76c4720621dbce1.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update info & price (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Very nice.
$52,000. Oofta!

For sure! Has dual master cylinder and 12v conversion too. Glove box door doesn’t see to match the interior colors.  At $52,000 you’re allowed to be fussy about what you see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I like it. Price? If seller throws in the paper towels and dryer sheets or dish washing detergent seen in the back. Then the negotiations could begin.

I think you're asking for too much!!!!!😏😏😏

Like the seller is.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many things to nitpick here from the incorrect upholstery to the modified DeSoto horn ring to the weird outside mirrors. Seller states this is one of the rarest cars ever made. He also says FIND ONE, I found five different 1955 NY wagons on recent YouTube videos, there used to be a dark blue one driven to Hershey from Canada every fall parked near my swap meet space and another one (tan in color) in a neighboring town that was sold recently. That's seven I can account for and I'm sure there are more out there. The price on this one is outrageous and borderline ridiculous iMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The 55er said:

Many things to nitpick here from the incorrect upholstery to the modified DeSoto horn ring to the weird outside mirrors. Seller states this is one of the rarest cars ever made. He also says FIND ONE, I found five different 1955 NY wagons on recent YouTube videos, there used to be a dark blue one driven to Hershey from Canada every fall parked near my swap meet space and another one (tan in color) in a neighboring town that was sold recently. That's seven I can account for and I'm sure there are more out there. The price on this one is outrageous and borderline ridiculous iMO. 

I have one of these also in the restoration stage. They are a very impressive car and are quite rare. In my opinion, this one is quite overpriced for it's condition. 

• Like 1

I'm not in the market for a car in this price range, but if I were - and since the car's in northern Ohio - I'd have it taken to Matt Harwood for inspection before purchase. I think he knows a lot about these. Beautiful car.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Town & Country Station Wagon - "Very good condition, Original interior" - "Drive anywhere" - Cairo, OH - Not Mine - 12/1 Reduced

On 12/1,

Seller reduced price to $39,500 and relisted on Hemmings: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon in Cairo, OH  -  Contact Seller through link on Hemmings ad. 

Hemmings.com relist: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1955-chrysler-new-yorker-cairo-oh-2757728

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon

1955 CHRYLSER NEW YORKER DELUX TOWN AND COUNTRY STATIONWAGON. ORIGINAL 331 HEMI MOTOR, ORIGINAL INTERIOR, WAS PAINTED ONCE LONG TIME AGO. PAINT STILL LOOKS GOOD. WWW AND CHRYSLER WIRE WHEELS. DRIVES AND RUNS GREAT. CAN DRIVE ANYWHERE. BEEN TO A LOT OF SHOWS PLUS HERSHEY LOUISVILLE, TENNESEE. AND A WHOLE LOT MORE. ITS A DRIVER NOT A SHOW CAR. IT GETS DRIVEN WHENEVER IT CAN. IM GETTING OLDER NOW AND CANT DRIVE ALL MY CARS AT ONCE. SHIFTER IN MIDDLE OF DASH. ONLY MADE ONE YEAR. THIS IS A RARE CAR AND THERE WAS ONLY 1087 MADE. DONT SEE THESE CARS FOR SALE VERY OFTEN. MOST PEOPLE I RUN INTO HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE AND NEVER KNEW THEY EVEN MADE.

• Like 1