Wheeler-Schebler FA2 Brass Side-Draft-Carburetor Identification Help

flyingelvis386

This one was made for the Ford Model T as an aftermarket item. If you do a search of "mtfca; Schebler" or "mtfca Wheeler Schebler" you should find lots of information on them. If you are looking to sell, they are not rare and prices are not as high as the Strombergs made for the Ford Model T. I like them as do a few others. 

The FA would be correct for this model. The number changed later when the enricher valve was added. 

Mark, 

I found its twin on eBay and matched the price with a best offer option. I looked over the unit, looks complete, with internals, float, ect, all shafts move freely and both adjustments move freely. What do you feel is a fair number on the carby? Thanks for the info. Drew

I went to eBay and looked at sold/completed, of course now that I said something, there were none in the past 90 days. Looking at the classifieds on the Ford Model T Club of America the only one I found sold, went for around 650 but was restored with heat stove. The other two I found were offered up at 125 and 200 US with no apparent takers. For aftermarket carbs, the market for The Wheeler-Schebler FA is much smaller than for the Stromberg OF or even LF. The Schebler FA would be about = to Stromberg LF, where as the later versions of the Schebler with the enriching valve would be about the same as the Stromberg OF. 

At the other end of the price range, I just found this one: THE WHEELER SCHEBLER CARBURETOR CO INDIANAPOLIS PAT PENDING | eBay It is missing the float valve and maybe the float, but great price for core value. 

My suggest re price would be to drop to around $199 and expect to move down if it does not sell. You might also try to lighten up the photos, they are on the dark side. 

Below is an older post showing the FAX with the enriching valve. 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)