For Sale: 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr Sedan, 289 V8, manual shift - $9,000 - Palouse, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr Sedan, 289 V8, manual shift - $9,000 - Palouse, WA

1965 Ford Fairlane - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

For sale 1965 Ford Fairlane 2nd owner. Stock, original 289 V-8 is still strong. Body work & all new paint 25 years ago. No rust. Interior nice but needs work on the front seat. Garaged or covered for the last 25 years. 3-speed column shift. Original Palouse, WA. car. Purchased at Majer Ford in Spokane.

Copy and paste in your email: 02213dc5449e31f6a49d87cb6f4430e9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Ford Fairlane 2dr Sedan.

'65 Ford Fairlane WA a.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA b.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA c.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA d.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA e.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA f.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA g.jpg

• Like 1

This is easily the most weirdly styled Ford badged car line of the 1960s. It was a one year design for good reason.

Given that and the overall condition of the car I think the $9,000 asking price is a bit optimistic.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1957Birdman said:

This is easily the most weirdly styled Ford badged car line of the 1960s. It was a one year design for good reason.

Given that and the overall condition of the car I think the $9,000 asking price is a bit optimistic.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

Others have expressed a distaste for the 1965 Ford Fairlane design as well.  Maybe it was the body color headlight panels that put folks off?  The 1965 models were Ford's transition from rounded surface development to defined, sharper edge rectilinear overall themes.   Personally, I find the 1965 Fairlane design to be pleasant but conventional in the vein of the concurrent Comet.

'65 Ford Fairlane WA h.jpg

'65 Ford Fairlane WA i.jpg

• Like 1

Although most people seem to agree that the '65 Fairlane is one of the few disappointingly-styled 1965 models from an American manufacturer, I would have no problem driving a Sport Coupe with a 289 High Performance engine and a four speed, maybe in Silver Blue or Caspian Blue.   

• Like 4

I think the color choice was a good one. It tends to blend together the lines of what is a rather unusual design. For a nice run-around car I think this car would fit the bill nicely. No Slant six for sure but still a nice combination. 

I have no problem with the styling of the car, but that bright red/orange top...oh, my. It's no Mustang, but there are a lot of cars from the early - mid '60's that I like less than this Fairlane (which would include most of the compact cars of the era.) Driving around in a light weight mid sized two door with a 289 V-8 and a three on the tree would be an absolute kick. But that top color....

• Like 1

My dad's last car was a worn-out '65 Fairlane station wagon - rather beat-up from front to back, it had the 170 C.I. 6 cylinder engine paired with automatic transmission.  Can you say "leisurely acceleration"?

The paint scheme was the opposite of this car, in that the bottom was a very faded washed-out red with a white top.  The springs at all four corners were worn out, and the car looked like some sort of big bug creeping around.  The thing is, it ran great, and got good gas mileage.  Very quiet, and I loved the non-power steering.  The only thing was that the rear suspension felt like it was swaying at any speed above 40, which it probably was due to the springs.

I like the styling, in part, because these models aren't very common.

• Like 1

My sister had a '64 Fairlane Sport Coupe (very attractive car in Silver with black interior with buckets). The paint does nothing for this car and the styling of the square tail lights is not attractive. It looks like an entry level car with an up grade to the 289.

• Like 1