1973 Plymouth Scamp, not mine.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1675397796227000/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Acf29d1ac-ba90-429c-af09-af56634bd864  Product photo of 1973 Plymouth Scamp1973 Plymouth Scamp. The weather is getting nicer, do you have something cool to cruise this summer? Here’s an opportunity to own a clean original 2 door hardtop Mopar without spending a fortune. Really nice paint, always garaged, zero rust, beautiful original stainless trim, dealership license plate frames, new tires, all marker, tail, and reverse lenses and lamps are all freshened up. 225 slant 6, automatic transmission, bench seat, trunk light, map light, air conditioning and perfect glass. Documents and records that go back to the 80’s. Permanent registration and clean title in my name, in hand. $8500 Call or text anytime. [hidden information]nine Product photo of 1973 Plymouth ScampProduct photo of 1973 Plymouth ScampProduct photo of 1973 Plymouth Scamp

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, TerryB said:

And it’s green, 90% of those made must have been green.  Sure was a popular color back then.

Terry, everything was green back in the mid 70’s. Mrs P. and I got married in the mid 70’s, refrigerator, stove, blender, crock pot, electric knife…all avocado green. I even had an avocado green Plymouth Volare!

BTW, there is a popular small camper made in Minnesota called  Scamp. I had one for 14 years, always wanted to pull it with a Plymouth Scamp😂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, alsancle said:

The slant six would keep running long after the body of the car head rotted into the ground on these.

Ha was just thinking, the slant 6 is the Keith Richards of engines.  We just better be sure some gas remains for it after every other engine is long gone...

On the car itself great call out.  Took a 68 - 69 Roadrunner off my shortlist a long time ago, not for lack of interest but insane prices.  Far cry from that but ad is right, decent looking 2 door ht in great shape for small money.  Should sell fast.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Really like the body style. Bullet-proof drivetrain.

I had a '72 Valiant sedan, which was a good car, but I always wished I'd waited for a nice one of these.

Good-looking car at a fair price.

• Like 1

Yes, 

Its a good runner for sure and something I looked for for a long time.

Butttt, I really want a convertible. And recently found one I may just buy.

It might mean offering up my 4 speed 300 as well. But that would not be an entry priced car.

003.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 12:13 PM, TerryB said:

My son was at a local (for him) cars & coffee this past Sunday and sent me these pics of a 1969 Dodge he saw there.  This shade of green I really like!

12A54CAD-402F-43CA-8C1E-D42767DB161C.jpeg

0BBB3304-09CB-49C1-BE6D-D1C4C9A8C585.jpeg

A12's are cool, but I can't help but think that lift off hood is a pain in the ass.

18 hours ago, Brooklyn Beer said:

how many 300's with a 4 speed that year ?

I don't know, not many as I have only seen two.

One of them went across eBay a couple of years ago that was a 4 speed convertible that I lusted after.

But ii was eBay priced.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

I love the Scamp! I'm talking about the car, but I like the trailer, too. I'm a fan of that color. I think green was popular because it made you think of a forest, and everyone was about getting back to nature in the early 1970's. 

My grandparents had virtually the same car, a '75 Valiant (blue) with the 225.  They traded it in on a Volare' with the 318 V8.  My grandfather put nearly 300K miles on that one...