Assessing the accuracy of my 1934 Airflow CU, and general questions.

I have a 1934 Chrysler Airflow CU, and I would like to assess the accuracy of the assorted parts that make up the car. 

• First off, the carburetor is a single barrel Ball & Ball. It does not have an automatic choke, as most 1934 Airflows seem to have. It will work, but I'm pretty sure it is not original. It features no linkage for an automatic choke. I also noticed an electrical hook up for the automatic choke mechanism that sits atop the exhaust manifold. (I'm not sure what that wire is supposed to lead to.) 
  • The dashboard is a bit different than others I have seen. Between the two gauges, there is a red light to indicate the headlight dimmer. Beneath that, there is a barely visible circle. I am pretty certain once held a button that I see on all other Airflows. (I am not sure what that button is for.) 
  • The starter is engaged by foot, just above the gas pedal. I am not sure if this is correct. It is a CU, and it never had the starter button just above the steering column. 
  • The car does have the "bent key," that I have heard of. I am curious as to the story behind the bent keys. 

As always, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!