Looking for like new 2004-2007 Subaru STI

CTcollector

Hello everyone, my name is Christian, I have been on a nearly decade long journey to find a 2004-2007 STI with very low mileage. I am talking under 10,000 or ideally in the hundreds. I figured I would post here to see if anyone had one or knew of a friend/associate who collects that does. I would be willing to make it worthwhile for anyone who helped me find "the car" for me. I couldn't buy one new, and for the last decade have been trying to find one. I even collected a bunch of early 2000s Subaru dealer memorabilia to design the part of my garage it would live to look like a period dealer. Thank you

Edited by CTcollector (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, ted sweet said:

this club is for unmodified cars 25 years and older. not saying you wont find your car thru someone here but not the focus of the club

It does no harm to cast a net and see what you get. Someone may have just the answer this guy is looking for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yup. There could be one in Grandma's garage that gramps bought new and did not get to drive much. Grandma's in a nursing home now and the family is selling the estate. Keep searching. There's one out there somewhere. Put an ad in the "cars wanted" section on this site. Many of us here know of stuff around. It may not be what we collect and are often willing to pass on info to see it go to a good home. 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I think a very low miles STI is likely to have been used only for competition, not as a daily driver (My daily driver is its little cousin WRX with 150k).  As such, a low mileage STI is likely to be modified and the miles few but hard.  Maybe try organizations sponsoring rally events.  These were not treated like Ferraris.

Good to read a few of you did not know what the vehicle was that was being discussed and only by letters. no specific reference to make.

Maybe I will try it as well - can ask about a 733, 12b, a Pa and Pb, or a CT or CG.

I am not trying to be sarcastic nor insolent but all of us can not understand every model of every make for every year or country of origin.

• Like 1

CTcollector, go to your opening post and click on the 3 right hand dots, and select "edit" and please change title to "Looking for low mileage mid 2000's Subaru STI". As mentioned, this is not really the forum for your request, but moderators may allow it to run for awhile.

• Thanks 1

Here's a 2004.

download.jpeg.jpg

Some consider them too "boy-racer" but these little beasts are hardcore performance cars and were very successful in rally racing outside the US- which as usual regulated them so tightly that the rest of the world had them and Americans couldn't buy them until 2004.

For those who doubt WRX/STI collectibility, they're on both Hagerty's and Hemmings' radar. Whether you like them or not, cars like these are what's going to bring younger people into the hobby when you've returned to dust.

Clutch your pearls, folks. The first ones are now 31 years old, so people interested in preserving them just might put them in AACA shows.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• CTcollector changed the title to Looking for like new 2004-2007 Subaru STI
3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Here's a 2004.

download.jpeg.jpg

Some consider them too "boy-racer" but these little beasts are hardcore performance cars and were very successful in rally racing outside the US- which as usual regulated them so tightly that the rest of the world had them and Americans couldn't buy them until 2004.

For those who doubt WRX/STI collectibility, they're on both Hagerty's and Hemmings' radar. Whether you like them or not, cars like these are what's going to bring younger people into the hobby when you've returned to dust.

Clutch your pearls, folks. The first ones are now 31 years old, so people interested in preserving them just might put them in AACA shows.

5 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

CTcollector, go to your opening post and click on the 3 right hand dots, and select "edit" and please change title to "Looking for low mileage mid 2000's Subaru STI". As mentioned, this is not really the forum for your request, but moderators may allow it to run for awhile.

Done thank you 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Walt G said:

Maybe I will try it as well - can ask about a 733, 12b, a Pa and Pb, or a CT or CG.

Don't know the others but I think Pa & Pb were Vauxhalls from the 1960's

It goes to show that each generation is interested in the cars that they grew up with, or grew up desiring. I knew that those Subarus were very high performing vehicles. It's no wonder that they would be desirable as a collector car. I read that at one time the Model A was the most favored collector car. I'm in my 60's and would not be interested in a car that old. No offense to anyone out there, they just never figured into my automotive experience. 

2 hours ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Thanks, yes there are many modified/high mileage/beaten ones around, unfortunately most met that fate, I am looking for a time capsule, ideally a "new" old one with close to delivery mileage as possible that has been stored away since new

2 hours ago, rocketraider said:

You may be looking for a unicorn. These are like the 2003-2004 Mercury Marauders that I've always lusted after. Couldn't afford one new, and anything you find now is going to be either beat to hell or pristine and still unaffordable.

Good luck.

Thanks, I’ve got the main goal of finding wit a few hundred miles, while a few thousand is acceptable. If a perfect car came up with delivery mileage still wrapped in plastic I’d be willing to dish out serious money…..close to six figures

16 hours ago, Fordy said:
On 6/3/2023 at 12:22 PM, Walt G said:

Don't know the others but I think Pa & Pb were Vauxhalls from the 1960's

The 733 is a 1930 Packard; 12b is a 1928 Franklin :Pa and Pb are 1931 and 1932 Plymouth and CT and CG 1933 Chrysler and 1931 Chrysler.

6 hours ago, Walt G said:

The 733 is a 1930 Packard; 12b is a 1928 Franklin :Pa and Pb are 1931 and 1932 Plymouth and CT and CG 1933 Chrysler and 1931 Chrysler.

I looked around online and the Vauxhall Cresta was designated PA (1957–1962) and PB (1962–1965). I guess that "thought" is a result of growing up here in Australia at a time when we were regarded as "British".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...