For Sale: 1964 Mercury Montclair 4dr 'Breezeway' Sedan, 21K miles - A/C - Project - $4,700 - Edgewood, NM - Not Mine

For Sale: 1964 Mercury Montclair 4dr 'Breezeway' Sedan, 21K miles, A/C - Project - $4,700 - Edgewood, NM

64 Mercury Montclair 20,955 original miles miles - cars & trucks -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

For sale is my 1964 Mercury Montclair with 20,955 original miles. 360 V8, 2 barrel carb, original turquois/white paint with perfect patina. Car runs and drives, will need to be towed brake booster shot, has no brakes. Original interior, some small tears in front seat, glass is good, windshield is cracked. Breeze way window in back works, needs relay, along with relay for power front seats. Great lines, no bondo ever, no wrecks, tires will hold air, but starting to dry rot. Asking $4,700.00 and need to stay close to that, don't call and offer $1,000.00 beater price. Thanks for looking, too many cars, need to thin the herd.
Contact: (505) 2-SEVen-Zero-TwenTY-fiVE-SeVenTY-One. I don't accept texts, or e-mails, if you are interested make a phone call.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Mercury Montclair 4dr 'Breezeway' Sedan, 21K miles - Project.

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM a.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM b.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM c.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM d.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM da.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM e.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM f.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM g.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM h.jpg

'64 Mercury Montclair breezeway NM i.jpg

I am interested to know what engine is in the car since Ford did not offer a 360 cid engine in the 1964 Mercury. It looks like the car has the 390. The mileage figure claim of 21K miles has to be taken with about a pound of salt.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

• Like 2

Has to be a 390 V8, the standard powerplant for full-size Mercurys.  Most casual sellers don't seem to know a lot about the spec's for the cars they're selling.   If this Mercury has been consistently a New Mexico car, it pretty much assured that its mostly rust-free, might actually clean up rather nicely.  The optional air conditioning was $430 added to the $3,116 Montclair 'breezeway' sedan.  It also has tinted glass, power steering, power brakes, automatic transmission, power seat, AM radio, padded dash and two-tone paint.  The dealer must have made a few bucks on this sale.

Given the distances between towns in New Mexico, this has to be 121K miles.

• Like 2