Rhinebeck Ny car show - May 6, 7

Porsche 68

Living in the BERKSHIRES      I consider Rhinebeck to be the    "EASTER HOLIDAY"    of my Particular "RELIGION"

Used to Have Swap Meet Spaces....   or shared some with friends who have since moved South.

Plan on attending Saturday & Sunday... as Friday is still   a wurkin' day   at this point in my life.

Will Look for the Above Trucks ...plus Hopefully Dandy Dave's '25 WHITE Truck   Nice Patina Cab with the Yellow Bed.

C U there !    John Binder Pittsfield MA / Cambridge NY

• Like 3

Living only 1 1/2 miles from the fairgrounds, I have to go.  Will be bringing my 1911 Ford roadster to sell.

20230421_133708.jpg

• Like 7

We will be there Saturday scouting gas & oil goodies, Model A doo dads and Packard paraphenalia.  

Half thought about bringing the Packard Sunday, just under 2 hours each way on mostly back roads but still getting acclimated and it has hasn't really been woken up for the season.  Yardwork first...  

It has been many years /decades since I attended Rhinebeck flea market and car show. Always enjoyed it once there but it was a long drive up from long island and back and usually some kind of traffic or delay on the Taconic parkway that is the north/south route to get there. I never found much there to buy but also realize that what I seek is mostly odd and unusual makes of vehicles, accessories etc. I hope the weather is good for all the effort that the organizers/volunteers put into making it happen.

• Like 4

Hate that I'm going to miss it this year, I'm going to be especially upset if some of my most wanted to see cars show up, like the last time I skipped Rhinebeck and one of the GM Futureliners was there. 

At least this time I'm doing something fun instead of missing it because my stupid body can't handle the heat. 

It's just a straight run up Route 9 for me...I suppose that means I'll just have to appreciate the 2024 show more. 

For anyone thinking about going or not...do it! It's a heck of a lot of fun! I have lots of photos from previous events on my website, link in signature.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I went to an AMCA meet in Rhinebeck quite a few years ago. Neat little town. 

Nice town, it's just 20-25mins north from me...very busy on the weekends, I purchased my Monte Carlo from the Chevrolet Dealership there ( I was told they were the oldest Chevrolet Dealership in Dutchess County, they have since closed ) Picture of me after they closed....

image.png.afb32903b6a1dff604c05552791424b6.png

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

🙂 The Dealership closed around 1998...would you believe it was the last Monte Carlo SS on their lot ? Very small inventory on their lot.

I remember several small dealerships around my home area too that had to fold when dealers had to be huge and carry lots of inventory.  Virtually all the little guys were out in small towns or very rural areas.  One I remember in particular had both Ford cars and Ford tractors on the lot.

Edit- to keep on original thread track, I did visit the area where the car show is held.  Really nice place.  I grew up in the PA hard coal region where watching a drag line shovel tear up the ground in search of coal was visible from your back porch.  No such problems in your area.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am leaving for Rhinebeck tomorrow….

I am on the side of the horticulture building —- on the “ spoke of the wheel “ road where the cars enter to go onto the show field…

A lot of people sit on the benches in my row on Saturday and Sunday mornings to watch the cars entrance on to the field…

it has been a good show for a lot of years —- and the only real car show and swap meet, up in that neck of the world…

Only once a year, first full weekend in May, this year is

Friday, May 5th ( Cinquo de Mayo ) through Sunday, May 7th….

Dutchess County Fairgrounds, Rhinebeck, New York….

come on down, come on up —- It is the Carlisle of that area….

yours, Craig ….

• Like 4

Emtee,

A Gold 1967 Buick Riviera ...... You undoubtedly know my friend Mark , who also has a Gold 1967 RIV --- and another 5 RIVS and a few more toys...

He is always at Rhinebeck,  but I don't know yet which car he is bringing this year....

Craig.....

• Like 1

Weather is looking much more promising.  Unfortunately plans changed here as I will be helping my 84 year old dad whose recovery from rotator cuff procedure has been a bit tricky...  "Well when can I paint my shed?  I am not wearing this thing for 6 weeks you know... blah blah..."

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Weather is looking much more promising.  Unfortunately plans changed here as I will be helping my 84 year old dad whose recovery from rotator cuff procedure has been a bit tricky...  "Well when can I paint my shed?  I am not wearing this thing for 6 weeks you know... blah blah..."

Sounds like my Dad. ;) 

• Like 3

I plan on being there with one of the vehicles on Sunday. I think the White truck, but could bring the 15 Buick. Weather looks like it will be a good turn out for a change. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

How bad is the parking lot going to be? I remember years with not as much rain and the cars being stuck all over the parking lot. 

I think I'm hitting a more local antique show instead.  I sometimes do better at those.

You will miss out on the $5.00 brownie to go with your coffee, a Rhinebeck highlight in the sun or rain. 

• Like 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Rhinebeck Ny car show - May 6, 7
On 4/28/2023 at 7:13 AM, Billy Kingsley said:

Hate that I'm going to miss it this year, I'm going to be especially upset if some of my most wanted to see cars show up, like the last time I skipped Rhinebeck and one of the GM Futureliners was there. 

At least this time I'm doing something fun instead of missing it because my stupid body can't handle the heat. 

It's just a straight run up Route 9 for me...I suppose that means I'll just have to appreciate the 2024 show more. 

For anyone thinking about going or not...do it! It's a heck of a lot of fun! I have lots of photos from previous events on my website, link in signature.

Say Billy -- good to hear from you even if you miss the car show.........those Futureliners are overrated. These are probably easier to drive:

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.20.04 AM.png

• Haha 3

Neat to see the Weinermobile. When they were new on the road, for the advertising, one broke down in Mineola , NY here on long island. It wound up in a friends gas station for repairs - Jondol Service on Jericho Turnpike  , located on the north side of the road just opposite Mineola Ford. 

The weather vane on the top of that service station now sits on the top of my garage for 30+ years, all the buildings of the service station were demolished within the past year or so.

• Like 2

Hey all,

I just arrived here in Rhinebeck… took me 2 : 54 from the beginning of Long Island…

A lot of road paving —- North and South —- a lot of 2 lanes down to 1 —- wasn’t really an issue leaving just shy of 9:00 P.M. and getting here by midnight….

I can see that being more of an issue during the day —- give yourself some extra time…

(And top off your Antifreeze / Coolant…)

Craig….

( Except you, Mr. Corvair !!! —- No coolant for you… )

Edited by mobileparts (see edit history)
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, mobileparts said:

Hey all,

I just arrived here in Rhinebeck… took me 2 : 54 from the beginning of Long Island…

A lot of road paving —- North and South —- a lot of 2 lanes down to 1 —- wasn’t really an issue leaving just shy of 9:00 P.M. and getting here by midnight….

I can see that being more of an issue during the day —- give yourself some extra time…

(And top of your Antifreeze / Coolant…)

Craig….

( Except you, Mr. Corvair !!! )

What road did you take?

21 hours ago, mobileparts said:

You undoubtedly know my friend Mark , who also has a Gold 1967 RIV

Yes!  I met him with his Riviera at the ROA meet in Gettysburg in 2019.  His is gold but has an ivory interior (mine is black).  It will be good to see him again.  ;)

21 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

"Well when can I paint my shed?  I am not wearing this thing for 6 weeks you know... blah blah..."

20 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

@auburnseeker if we were going the plan would have been to meet up for lunch. 😕

Throw the old man in the car and buy him a brownie when you arrive!  My old man will do anything for a Twinkie.  That shed isn't going anywhere...  ;)

• Haha 4