Going to look at this TC, interested in your expertise

I’ve been reading this forum for a few weeks and I am going to look at this TC this weekend.  I’ve seen people find some pretty interesting info on these cars based on their VIN so I attached a picture hoping someone here may be able to dig up some info.  
Second question:  The car seems to be in near pristine shape with 34k miles on it and very few minor cosmetic imperfections that are easily fixed.  What do the people in this group think is approx. a fair value for this car? The owner is asking $9,000 but seems willing to negotiate.

also if anyone can suggest some key things I should make sure to check with it, when I’m looking at it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Everyone!

image000000.jpeg

Edited by An Avid Revich (see edit history)

I have owned and sold several from $3-5500--I live on the East coast 

Most 8 valve models have gone for $3-4500

I sold A 79k mile one in VGC for 3200

A 16k mile like new pristine burgundy one  went for 4200

Another with 56k miles in great shape only brought $3500

A rare 16 valve garage kept pristine model w/69k sold for only $5500 -should have brought over $10,000

I purchased my current 16v model in like new showroom condition with only 25k miles for $5500

Does the odometer REALLY have 34 k miles? they are known for locking up and not registering true miles.  See if the tripmeter works-if it wont come off 0000 there is a problem.

Especially look at the  brakes-do they operate perfectly with no problems? If not spend BIG MONEY (1,000's ) on getting them fixed. 

Are the seats and other leather areas soft and in good shape with no stretching or splits and cracks?  Again, big money to fix.

These are the major things to look at, and others on this thread will be happy to add to them.

If you go on Ebay there are two similar completed sales with a bit higher mileage for $1875 & 2850, which is what most have been bringing.

Based on what you have represented, with an 8v engine I would value the car at $45-5500, and that is if nothing at all needs attention.

A 16v may be a bit more.

i think the seller is unaware of the current selling prices and what the car is really worth.