Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

Yes sir, I do. The first two are Light Repair Trucks, used as tool trucks on the battlefield. No electric, crank start only, kerosene and acetylene lights, no windshield. We know of 6 in the US. The last is not. I think I've read they were used for quartermasters. Has electrics, lights, doors, and windshield. I have never heard of one surviving, but hope to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Yes sir, I do. The first two are Light Repair Trucks, used as tool trucks on the battlefield. No electric, crank start only, kerosene and acetylene lights, no windshield. We know of 6 in the US. The last is not. I think I've read they were used for quartermasters. Has electrics, lights, doors, and windshield. I have never heard of one surviving, but hope to.

Do you have any other photos of the last one (the quartermasters) without the top up so we can see what the rest of it would have looked like?

That is the only picture I have seen of that style truck. I have never read what happened to those trucks after the war. The Light Repair Trucks were sold to fire companies, forest services, national guard units, etc. to put them in circulation and recoop the expense. I doubt many of them went to France as they were built too late to get there. And the military manual was not printed until Aug. 1918 and in  the military nothing happens without a manual. 

Doing some follow up research on this racecar may turn out to be promising, we shall see.... 

According to what I found out so far, there was a John Opsahl Motor Co that sold Dodge Cars and Cleveland Tractors who was listed in a 1913 Santa Monica race for Indy Cars (source: Motorsport Magazine database).
Of course we all know there is no 1913 Dodge but I wonder if this might be the same car and they mixed up the year or a typo?

"Description :Shows garage, two automobiles and several men. "Left to right, John Galvin, John Opsahl, Warren ('Pop') Galvin, Jr., Central Avenue across the street from Wm. L. Morris Garage" -- handwritten on verso.

Late 1910's, John Opsahl Company distributed Dodge Motorcars and Cleveland Tractors; Warren J. Galvin worked for Ventura Refining Company."

I'm thinking Mr Opsahl was the one with dark jacket in the middle but I'm not entirely sure due to the wording.

If anyone uncovers any information on this mysterious car and early Dodge dealer please post the information so we can all learn from it.

image.png.4e95ca4e6af871663133bb7720c200ea.png

I'm now trying to pin down the exact date. I believe the plate shows a 1917/18 California dealer plate.

Here is what I believe it would have looked like, but with the word dealer on the right.

1916 California passenger license plate.jpg

1916 1919 California Dealer Porcelain License Plate Auto Car Tag Vehicle CA | eBay

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

While trying to find more answers this morning about the Dodge race car.

According to a Oct 1917 Motor West Magazine John Opsahl opened a Columbia Dealer in Fillmore. Seems this guy was quite connected so we should be able to find out more on this race car. More later as time permits...

Opsahl 1.jpg

2 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Doing some follow up research on this racecar may turn out to be promising, we shall see.... 

According to what I found out so far, there was a John Opsahl Motor Co that sold Dodge Cars and Cleveland Tractors who was listed in a 1913 Santa Monica race for Indy Cars (source: Motorsport Magazine database).
Of course we all know there is no 1913 Dodge but I wonder if this might be the same car and they mixed up the year or a typo?

"Description :Shows garage, two automobiles and several men. "Left to right, John Galvin, John Opsahl, Warren ('Pop') Galvin, Jr., Central Avenue across the street from Wm. L. Morris Garage" -- handwritten on verso.

Late 1910's, John Opsahl Company distributed Dodge Motorcars and Cleveland Tractors; Warren J. Galvin worked for Ventura Refining Company."

I'm thinking Mr Opsahl was the one with dark jacket in the middle but I'm not entirely sure due to the wording.

If anyone uncovers any information on this mysterious car and early Dodge dealer please post the information so we can all learn from it.

image.png.4e95ca4e6af871663133bb7720c200ea.png

I'm now trying to pin down the exact date. I believe the plate shows a 1917/18 California dealer plate.

Here is what I believe it would have looked like, but with the word dealer on the right.

1916 California passenger license plate.jpg

1916 1919 California Dealer Porcelain License Plate Auto Car Tag Vehicle CA | eBay

Just looking at things from left field, why would a race car have headlights?

Is it based on a Dodge at all?

Note the speedo drive on the front right hand wheel.

Are those shock absorbers on the front axle?

I don’t think they are DB hub caps.

D1F10851-9E5A-43E6-A968-334B558EC3C1.jpeg.78c393d950f1e27fe1c0851d52e837d8.jpeg