Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

On 7/19/2023 at 3:18 AM, 22touring said:

1915 DB roadster.jpg

Interesting that the headline states “Three passenger Roadster”

Yet the editorial only mentions two.

Also interesting is the reference to the law prohibiting vehicles to stand on the street for more than 2 hours.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, Minibago said:

Interesting that the headline states “Three passenger Roadster”

Yet the editorial only mentions two.

Also interesting is the reference to the law prohibiting vehicles to stand on the street for more than 2 hours.

Very cool article.

Noting that it's worded "two comfortably".

I now wonder if there's an advertising that shows a small child in the middle?

In regards to the two hour parking, note the sentence that followed "lawyers interested in the welfare of car owners are looking into the law". 

I guess thats one we can be thankful for lawyers being involved.

In some instances I still wish is was in effect though...

I have a neighbor that parks everything he has at the end of my driveway... (his trailers, boat, trucks) .

Lets just say they've been hit a few times and he wonders why. The 2 hour rule would be useful for those too dense to understand common sense. 

I have elderly parents that still drive and they are pretty good at target practice ;) 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

No idea if there are any Dodge's, but my daughter in law works for Carvana and I first showed her that photo about 3 or 4 years ago and told her "see, Carvana has been in business long before you were born"... she paused and realized my dumb sense of humor and called my bs. Still lead to an interesting conversation as that photo always does....

I too am sure there's a Dodge in there somewhere but it takes a Keiser to find it ;) 

If I had to guess I'd say the Coupe in slot # 8

image.png.60ad70f739c24174c13dfa3eece9fa7f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Note the shield on the radiator.

A while back we seen this unique Graham Brothers shield for sale on eBay. I had no idea what the shield was at the time, now I wonder if it was for a very early GB radiator. When looking at the ad below I understand it says "illustrated for", but now I can't help but wonder if these were actually supplied on the GB trucks at one point. 

I may have to look closer at the exact dates of when the GB/DB aggreement was signed (can't recall from memory), but I believe this ad would have been just before the deal was finalized. Has anyone ever seen this logo on any radiators and do you have any saved photos you can share?

Advert is dated Feb 26, 1921

image.png.d6e9e1b375a8bea31a6853207ecfd473.png

Edit:
I recalled posting something on this earlier in this thread so I went back to page 5 and found a better view of the emblem with mention of the Speed Truck which was one of the last exclusive GB trucks prior to the Dodge Brothers deal. The emblem on eBay must have went on one of these radiators. Knew I should have bought it when I seen it lol..... kudos to whoever did. If you bought it, please share it with us so we can verify it's use and how beautiful it is. This is exactly why I started this thread so we can refer back to it over and over if needed to answer some of these questions.

@nearchoclatetown will definitely be sharing this with Loren when he gets back ;) 

image.png.6c0982a2820d8cd678c9aab9e4a37846.png

Was it a stock color? No

Was is a possibility on a special order? Yes I believe it was, although I've found no concrete proof one way or the other for the model year 1928/29 as of yet.

From a Confidential Bulletin date Oct 17, 1928. Language is vague and no proof one way or the other in regards to red.

image.png.f3594cc9e7593e77c965fa26d552ade3.png

April 25th 1932 is the only place I've found mention of any shades of red in the Bulletins so far

image.png.cea50ed8827e27327ee331b02f224535.png

And this sample from a 1932 color chart

image.png.790dcd5b941810ec95db17d3a83c3f15.png

I thought you scanned this next page to the DBC along with all the Parsons material, if you can relocate this book it may answer a lot more questions for many of us in the truck community.

image.png.d4a1edec6d312b4304edd67e620b7cc5.png

BTW,

This must be the Speed Truck from a Chilton Tractor Journal article dated Jan 1st, 1920 describing the disc wheels and pneumatic tires.

image.png.b8641d2665b569be900fbc2cfcfe6d10.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Saurer diesel engine CCD - 1936

Fitted into Dodge car for demonstration purpose

Dodge- Saurer Diesel Engine CCD- 1936.

Ha, Thats the kind of stuff they are doing today.

For demonstration purposes as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

More dual WWs. I don't think I have ever seen any in captivity. That's a real combination, paper boxes and corsets. 

First "Business Car" model I've seen with that much extented to the rear. I've seen longer wheelbases but not with the back hanging out so much over the rear axle. Page 47 of the Dodge Brothers shows a special body Graham Brothers with a longer section over the rear but again, this is my first time seeing a long bed Business Car.

Glass negative on eBay for $40+ if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...